What sealant

Grant Prince

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use ENDURO SEAL . Its locally manufactured comes in a 1litre bottle with handy filler bottle with ml . markings on . Last bottle i bought 6 months ago cost R390 at Sportsman's  Warehouse .It does not create those marbles in the tire when it gets older . Seals instantly when our famous devil thorns dry out on the High Veld and you ride through a batch . 

Stans if you are brand conscious, Enduro Seal if you support local and don't want to waste money. Both have been great for me. I use enduro seal because of price and ease of use - no extras needed in terms of syringes and crap. Stans just comes in a bottle…as in get it inside you valves yourself lol. I hate that.

edit: basically everything in the above post.

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Stans if you are brand conscious, Enduro Seal if you support local and don't want to waste money. Both have been great for me. I use enduro seal because of price and ease of use - no extras needed in terms of syringes and crap. Stans just comes in a bottle…as in get it inside you valves yourself lol. I hate that.

One more for Enduro Seal. I have even used it in tubes on my wife's bike with amazing results. 

Edited by Rolf Hansen

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Why not just pop the tyre off on the one side ? 

Going through the valve just seems like a massive ball ache to me 

20 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Why not just pop the tyre off on the one side ? 

Going through the valve just seems like a massive ball ache to me 

If you have a tire that just took you 15min to get over the bead - with levers…then hell no -valve everytime once you get it on there and seated without sealant.
Also, no chance of a mess ever really. Not every tire/rim combo just slips over by hand haha.  I agree that when you have an easy combo it’s easiest to just put in in there by cup when you are halfway done. But then you still need to take care not to get it on the floor by being hamfisted.  

Edited by MORNE

I have always used Stans, but have a bottle of Enduro Seal that has been waiting for use at some point in the near future. ES is local, well priced and people I trust use it, and have been very happy with it's performance.

14 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I have always used Stans, but have a bottle of Enduro Seal that has been waiting for use at some point in the near future. ES is local, well priced and people I trust use it, and have been very happy with it's performance.

I use you enduro seal, so not everyone you trust

59 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Ive even mixed them…nothing exploded (yet)

+1 for enduroseali

But also another less know south African brand is Noloopholes. https://noloopholes.co.za/shop-2/ R1400 for 5L. It has a very chemically smell but it works extremely well. I used it in my first Munga. could hear the air leaks from the tyres in the dead of the night on a long thorny stretch of road. it sealed all. Plenty of them. The seat tube was coated full with sealant so it sealed dozens of punctures

4 minutes ago, Firozfx said:

+1 for enduroseali

But also another less know south African brand is Noloopholes. https://noloopholes.co.za/shop-2/ R1400 for 5L. It has a very chemically smell but it works extremely well. I used it in my first Munga. could hear the air leaks from the tyres in the dead of the night on a long thorny stretch of road. it sealed all. Plenty of them. The seat tube was coated full with sealant so it sealed dozens of punctures

Probably all the ammonia in it? ????

Enduro Seal since 2018. Haven't bothered using anything else because it works so well, even in my road tubeless. Works incredibly well up to 80psi.

It also works up to 100psi in lower tpi tyres

6 minutes ago, copperhead said:

5L say whaaaaat. How much do you need. That would be like a 2 year old buying a pension in Zim dollars. By the time he gets to it, it will be worth nothing. I am on my third set of tyres this year and only top up with 100ml a time. Yip... Enduro seal.

They also sell in 250ml. 

Slight highjack, I have a bottle of squirt seal, almost a full bottle, free to anyone that collects in East rand Gauteng. I just hate the stuff, bought it on special and still regret it.

I have been using Fug It for a couple of months.

Does it's job. Local product. Good price. 

No problems so far.