Garmin Heart Rate Strap

JJDT

My Polar V650 decided to call it a day and now looking at options to replace it. Saw a few Garmin units for sale but without a heart rate strap. A new strap will be in the region of R1500. Question: Is the Polar heart rate strap compatible with Garmin or will only a Garmin strap work?

Thanks

yes

I use a garmin unit with a polar strap.

you might need to trim some of the rubber around the contacts on the polar strap.

34 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yes, blue tooth these days mean that you can use different brands together.  What's wrong with your V650?  Mine is still working 100%, did you try to get it fixed?

https://ihfproducts.co.za/

The unit is displaying incorrect HR data. Tried different straps and the result is the same. When just riding casually on a flat section the hr jumps to 240 and the next moment 0. When climbing and I'm putting in some effort it displays 60 then jumps to 80 and then for a brief few seconds it displays more or less the correct hr at that moment. At first it was only for a few seconds and progressively it is getting worse and worse. Tried new batteries in the strap but it does not make a diffirence. Also reset the device to factory settings and paired the strap again without success.

3 minutes ago, JJDT said:

The unit is displaying incorrect HR data. Tried different straps and the result is the same. When just riding casually on a flat section the hr jumps to 240 and the next moment 0. When climbing and I'm putting in some effort it displays 60 then jumps to 80 and then for a brief few seconds it displays more or less the correct hr at that moment. At first it was only for a few seconds and progressively it is getting worse and worse. Tried new batteries in the strap but it does not make a diffirence. Also reset the device to factory settings and paired the strap again without success.

If you can take it in to IHF, I'm sure they will sort it out for you, at a cost of course.

8 minutes ago, JJDT said:

Had exactly the same issue with a sigma R1 duo HR - sometimes the reading was just stay fixed on a low number. Since then I purchased a wahoo HR and I'm happy.

Sigma belt I'll probably use to tie a timing chip to bicycle fork ????

18 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

+2 for the wahoo strap

If you get a tickr 2x, it measures cadence quite accurately somehow. (I assume using magic)

-1 for the Wahoo. mine barely lasted 2 weeks and started playing up and now after 3 months is absolutely useless. Always says my HR is 135ish and apparently according to google a fairly common problem. Gone back to Garmin. Anyone know how to fix the HR issue?

Edited by Fitbull
Spelling