CharlesV

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/8/2021 at 10:29 AM, Puncture Kid said:

Just use a straightened paper clip to unclog it. Easy Peazy

Or take side cutters and clip the nozzle further down where it's wider, no more clogging. Scissors also work but feel so domestically effeminate, with side cutters you feel really handy and can make a grunt just like Tool Man Tim. 

22 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Or take side cutters and clip the nozzle further down where it's wider, no more clogging. Scissors also work but feel so domestically effeminate, with side cutters you feel really handy and can make a grunt just like Tool Man Tim. 

????

22 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Rather use a Stanley knife, cut the nozzle and half your hand off. 

• 1 month later...

some feedback.

I filled it up before I left for cape town, did not use it in cape town so popped it into a plastic bag and stuck it in my luggage for the return. I'm not sure if it was the airpressure or something pushing against it in my luggage but it leaked, luckily into the plastic bag.

I cleaned it up and left it on its side on my workbench, still with a small amount of lube in it, this weekend I went into the workshop and found a little puddle under the device.

On the next iteration I'd like them to come up with a way for the nozzle piece to lock into position on the bottle piece, so that when you unscrew the lid it does not unscrew the nozzle piece at the same time.

The next thing is the lube I'm using is clear, when using it out of its normal container it leaves a big enough sizes bubble on the link which lets you see that you've dropped lube on it, with the Luberetta you cant really see, so I landed up applying some pressure to squeeze the bottle and ran the chain around twice.

On the plus side it is quick to run the chain through, and having the guides means less concentration is needed.

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

some feedback.

I filled it up before I left for cape town, did not use it in cape town so popped it into a plastic bag and stuck it in my luggage for the return. I'm not sure if it was the airpressure or something pushing against it in my luggage but it leaked, luckily into the plastic bag.

I cleaned it up and left it on its side on my workbench, still with a small amount of lube in it, this weekend I went into the workshop and found a little puddle under the device.

On the next iteration I'd like them to come up with a way for the nozzle piece to lock into position on the bottle piece, so that when you unscrew the lid it does not unscrew the nozzle piece at the same time.

The next thing is the lube I'm using is clear, when using it out of its normal container it leaves a big enough sizes bubble on the link which lets you see that you've dropped lube on it, with the Luberetta you cant really see, so I landed up applying some pressure to squeeze the bottle and ran the chain around twice.

On the plus side it is quick to run the chain through, and having the guides means less concentration is needed.

So the old small bottles still mess less .... :P

Pity they did not properly test it before releasing to the market .... will wait for them to get it right ....

mine works perfectly, no mess no fuss, yip so did the little bottles of lube I used  before I can aim, gimmick or not I got no issue filling it up and using it as it does not get blocked 

I wanted to hate this thing so much, but got one for free, and it is pretty awesome, lubing a chain is not a difficult task doing it the "old fashioned" way, but this little thing is actually pretty amazing ????

5 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I wanted to hate this thing so much, but got one for free, and it is pretty awesome, lubing a chain is not a difficult task doing it the "old fashioned" way, but this little thing is actually pretty amazing ????

Demmit ... not what we wanted to hear ....  :whistling:

Still using "their lube", or have you topped up with your normal lube ?  Any issues with leaking ?

During the Eselfontein ride some of the riders re-lubed mid event due to the excess dust .... I also had some bad sounds over the last few climbs when using the large ring at the back.  Thankfully the climbing was mostly in the first part, so I knew about the the issue, but could just shift down one gear.  Having had similar happen during very long rides in the dusty months on our trails I am considering sominthin like this for a hassle free solution along long rides.

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Still using "their lube", or have you topped up with your normal lube ?  Any issues with leaking ?

During the Eselfontein ride some of the riders re-lubed mid event due to the excess dust .... I also had some bad sounds over the last few climbs when using the large ring at the back.  Thankfully the climbing was mostly in the first part, so I knew about the the issue, but could just shift down one gear.  Having had similar happen during very long rides in the dusty months on our trails I am considering sominthin like this for a hassle free solution along long rides.

It doesnt come with lube, just the empty bottle.

For something like you describe above its ideal. I do wonder though, how would you get rid of the dust on the chain first before applying lube ? surely applying lube onto a dusty chain is a big no no

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Just using the lube that it comes with for now, seems good enough, I haven't carried it with me anywhere,  I just leave it lying flat on my work bench, have not noticed any leaks, the lube is pretty thick, so it takes quite a squeeze to get it on the chain as well

2 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Just using the lube that it comes with for now, seems good enough, I haven't carried it with me anywhere,  I just leave it lying flat on my work bench, have not noticed any leaks, the lube is pretty thick, so it takes quite a squeeze to get it on the chain as well

where did you get it from that it came with lube ?