Where do I buy lace up giro empires

Sampaj

I have a pair of Empire Slx for road and VR90 for mtb. After riding Sidi’s religiously for about 20 years, went to Giro and haven’t looked back as they just work for my feet. There is no closure system to match laces for wrapping the shoe around your feet. No pressure points as the tightening of the shoes are spread out over the length of the shoe. It just takes a couple of rides to figure out how tight or loose to do the laces. Have never had laces come loose or flap in the wind. No faffing involved.

1 minute ago, etienne_jordaan said:

I have a pair of Empire Slx for road and VR90 for mtb. After riding Sidi’s religiously for about 20 years, went to Giro and haven’t looked back as they just work for my feet. There is no closure system to match laces for wrapping the shoe around your feet. No pressure points as the tightening of the shoes are spread out over the length of the shoe. It just takes a couple of rides to figure out how tight or loose to do the laces. Have never had laces come loose or flap in the wind. No faffing involved.

Thank you sir! Looking forward to my first pair 

My road pair are getting on a bit and i’ve begun looking at replacing. There are more lace-up options now. When i bought my Empire’s it was just about only Giro. The Specialized Sub-6 is apparently awesome aswell?

2 hours ago, etienne_jordaan said:

My road pair are getting on a bit and i’ve begun looking at replacing. There are more lace-up options now. When i bought my Empire’s it was just about only Giro. The Specialized Sub-6 is apparently awesome aswell?

I LOVE the sub 6 but good luck finding them... I am desperate to find another pair in 43 or 43.5. They really work for me, cleat setup obviously matters but I have never had issues with mine. As for lace vs BOA, I like the snug fit around my whole foot the laces give me, rather than a few lines of pressure from the BOA chords. 

13 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I LOVE the sub 6 but good luck finding them... I am desperate to find another pair in 43 or 43.5. They really work for me, cleat setup obviously matters but I have never had issues with mine. As for lace vs BOA, I like the snug fit around my whole foot the laces give me, rather than a few lines of pressure from the BOA chords. 

Spez Stellenbosch had some white ones on sale recently. Have a look there ???? 

On 9/4/2021 at 4:47 AM, Jewbacca said:

Can I ask why?

I may be out of line, but I have the Giro lace ups for road and MTB and I choose my Boa shoes over them every time.

I went all in on lace ups and really wish I hadn't. No on the fly adjustment, in the wet the laces flop about and due to this I find I often over tighten them which is uncomfortable.

Really awesome shoes for that occasional time you get it right, but Boa's mean I get it right every ride without faffing. 

Anyway, I hope you find some in your colour and size. Mine are a bit big unfortunately or you could have them

Agree, I’ve had lace ups since I started and the next pair will definitely allow on the fly adjustment ! The lace-ups are much cheaper though

Edited by Jbr

That's the Giro Republic LX R shoe in leather

It was never available in SA. Can probably be placed on special order with the distributor by your LBS.

There was a reflective model of the shoe available for a short while

Its a touring/gravel/mtb model with soft lugged rubber sole and thermoplastic last

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

That's the Giro Republic LX R shoe in leather

It was never available in SA. Can probably be placed on special order with the distributor by your LBS.

There was a reflective model of the shoe available for a short while

Its a touring/gravel/mtb model with soft lugged rubber sole and thermoplastic last

True this, managed to persuade shop owner over here to reduce the clutter of his in-store "vintage" display...great great shoe but not so great for long walks ala gravel riding, sole is a bit too soft and the heel could be stiffer, but I absolutely love them, so comfortable!...