Afrimat Tour de Worcester

bleedToWin

Can anyone that rode this last year (or someone who knows the roads) confirm if the route still has a gravel section in it?

yes. gradual climb. dont know the ondition of the road but iff you get a nice line you can "gooi". also get the wrong line and you might get a puncture. id suggest iff you are in a bunch try and move up when you pass penhill and you need to be in position when you go past leipzig cellar. 100m after that the dirt road starts

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Is this an Argust seeding event…?

I don't think so, seems there is no affiliation with PPA anymore? Only WP Cycling

csa events are timed with those mobii chips so doubt it has any affiliation with CTCT/Racetec

21 minutes ago, Mamil said:

entered in open category. Wasn't sure if I was allowed to enter in Cat 3 but ...

it's self seeding so you can enter where you want ;)

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

it's self seeding so you can enter where you want ;)

Ah - well at least I'll have a chance of being in a batch after the first hill. Excited .... first road race for me since the pandemic - in fact the last event I did was Eroica nova on 14 MArch 2020 --- just before lockdown.

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

csa events are timed with those mobii chips so doubt it has any affiliation with CTCT/Racetec

We're getting frame numbers with embedded timing, but your point still stands.

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

We're getting frame numbers with embedded timing, but your point still stands.

ah I didn't know there was a timing chip in those, so we don't need the mobii ones anymore ?

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

ah I didn't know there was a timing chip in those, so we don't need the mobii ones anymore ?

Might still need it for future events, but not for this race.

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

Might still need it for future events, but not for this race.

yeah let's see, I have a whole box full of boards and chips and every time they give new ones almost... Not doing that worcester now but I must check what Fedhealth have chosen for timing but I must have what's needed I don't recall buying one when I entered ????

Ended up starting with cat C and bled through all orifices to stay on and then got dropped in crosswinds mainly cos i was precious about riding on the wrong side of the road.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Reality is it was a mercy because I could only take so many more of the surges the cyclopaths were putting in to try and catch a group that went off the front. 

More intervals on zwift needed. 

It was windy and I made a new strava friend as we solo'd the second half. 

Good fun. Lots of suffering.