How do you justify a Cape Epic entry?

DonatelloOnPinarello

12 minutes ago, Simba the Lion said:

Evidently... I have dont the math, this is my 8th post. If I post 8 times a day for the next 10 years, then I'll equal your post count of 29k. You're definitely a pro, bro 

8 posts and already in a beef ..... You're gonna fit in great ????

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Simba the Lion said:

1000 posts to get taken seriously here?!! Holy moly, I'll have to up my daily posts! Cant be treated like this for 125 days!

Needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, as that same Rouxtjie also rides his commuter tyres till at least 1000km past it's safe usage mileage point....so it is really subjective.

2 minutes ago, Simba the Lion said:

1000 posts to get taken seriously here?!! Holy moly, I'll have to up my daily posts! Cant be treated like this for 125 days!

1000 posts to be taken seriously on the classifieds..... No amount of posts is enough to be taken seriously here. 

Unless you've done the epic. In which case you're obviously already an unbelievably kief legend and your opinion is right on any topic. 

So have you done it??? 

3 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, as that same Rouxtjie also rides his commuter tyres till at least 1000km past it's safe usage mileage point....so it is really subjective.

Also throws his helmet in the dishwasher..... 

Just now, Mountain Bru said:

1000 posts to be taken seriously on the classifieds..... No amount of posts is enough to be taken seriously here. 

Unless you've done the epic. In which case you're obviously already an unbelievably kief legend and your opinion is right on any topic. 

So have you done it??? 

I thought you read my post about not being able to afford it either and hoping to do it for my 40th... I thought we were friends...

3 minutes ago, Simba the Lion said:

I thought you read my post about not being able to afford it either and hoping to do it for my 40th... I thought we were friends...

Technically, you didn't say next year will be your first time doing it, friend..... ????

2 hours ago, Simba the Lion said:

To me its a bucket list race, will do it for my 40th next year

Can I afford it, no

Did I create a thread on bikehub moaning about it, also no

Just now, Mountain Bru said:

Technically, you didn't say next year will be your first time doing it, friend..... ????

You're too sweet

If I say yes, does it automatically increase my post count?

Unfortunately the answer is no, I am just a boy with a dream to race with the pros like they do on TV

This thread has made me realise one thing. The Cape Epic really is the Mount Everest of mountain biking. 

Someone hears you ride, they ask whether you've done the epic. Someone hears you climb, they ask if you wanna do everest. 

They both lack technical difficulty. 

They boat cost a whole lot more than the fun alternatives. 

They both oversubscribed. 

Neither seems like much fun.

3 hours ago, Simba the Lion said:

Welcome to LeHub Simba Chippy

You won't last 125 days  ????

Maybe its jus me but I think A gold medal at DH or XC world champs trumps the Epic , even if you won it 

It's as big as people's mouths make it , and at that its still pretty small

Edited by BaGearA

3 hours ago, Simba the Lion said:

You're too sweet

If I say yes, does it automatically increase my post count?

Unfortunately the answer is no, I am just a boy with a dream to race with the pros like they do on TV

I hope I had some influence over your choice of name

As much as I'd love to do the Epic, 120k for a single event is just out my range. Hope everyone who goes has a blast and I'll be supporting on TV.