How do you justify a Cape Epic entry?

DonatelloOnPinarello

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

incorrect. are you new here?

@rouxtjie = has a rule that you need 1000 posts first to be taken seriously as a seller

@Rouxenator = oke who puts his life in danger riding tyres down to the wire, and then another 1000km for good measure..

pardon my Afrikaans naming, but all Roux'somethingorothers are surely the same or all twin brothers

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Hairy said:

The friendship was doomed to fail from the beginning.

You are from JHB and I am from CT ...... besides the distance, you may even be into road cycling ... it would be better to just move on now before things get uncomfortable when we start talking about white shoes or long socks, or some other type of roadie talk.

whats wrong with white shoes and long socks......?#askingforafriend

7 hours ago, patches said:

*read in Comic Sans font... ie. tongue-in-cheek*

• Are you a middle-to-upper class working professional in your mid 40's?
  • Have your boardroom-buddies stopped playing golf with you to take up mountain biking?
  • Have your neglected golf clubs left a void in your estate mansion garage, next to your 2 German SUVs?

Well, have I got the solution for you!

It's called the Cape Epic!

Not only does this race give one massive bragging rights around any braai, it also helps you re-connect with your boardroom buddies, and gift you with exclusive branded merch to wear every-time you walk into the LBS.

Let's not forget the automatic justification to spend a R100k+ on a bike, because let's face it, no one will take you seriously if you do the Epic on a fiets that costs less than your entry!

*flame suit on* ????

...but that's not all

if you enter now you'll receive a free p*n*s enlargement

9 hours ago, Hairy said:

The friendship was doomed to fail from the beginning.

You are from JHB and I am from CT ...... besides the distance, you may even be into road cycling ... it would be better to just move on now before things get uncomfortable when we start talking about white shoes or long socks, or some other type of roadie talk.

Forbidden love is the best kind.... 

It's the fact that you live on the dodgey side of the orange river and don't understand that white shoes are more aero that makes this special.....

46 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Do what makes you happy, even if that means you have a Shimano tattoo and ride sram.

Gotta draw the line somewhere..... I draw it at Oakley tattoos after reading this thread.... 

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

incorrect. are you new here?

@rouxtjie = has a rule that you need 1000 posts first to be taken seriously as a seller

@Rouxenator = oke who puts his life in danger riding tyres down to the wire, and then another 1000km for good measure..

I also have cracked frames welded and then keep on riding them until they crack again.

More recently my Rapide rim started cracking, they are sending a replacement once stock is available. Until then I just keep riding it while it cracks even further. 

Gotta get that value for money. 

1 minute ago, Rouxenator said:

I also have cracked frames welded and then keep on riding them until they crack again.

More recently my Rapide rim started cracking, they are sending a replacement once stock is available. Until then I just keep riding it while it cracks even further. 

Gotta get that value for money. 

Duct tape and cable ties .................... easy peasy fix

25 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Gotta draw the line somewhere..... I draw it at Oakley tattoos after reading this thread.... 

Rule number 1 with tattoos. You don't put a company logo on your body. I met a dude once who had a MOERSE Quiksilver logo tattoo'd on his back. And no it wasn't Kelly Slater #notclever

This thread just makes me wonder why no one wants to take the EPIC jersey I acquired (without having done the event) off my hands... Maybe if it had the big S on it I would have more success.