De-aL Killarney Night Series

bleedToWin

27 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

@Jbr Race report? ????

Were you there? Well it was fun to be back ! I did 0 work and was in decent position in the last corner but still a bit short for the sprint. I see 189 bpm on the HR monitor which is way above my usual max HR, weird.
Can’t wait for next week, I’ll be doing laps on the SBK before the cycling ????

10 hours ago, Jbr said:

Were you there? Well it was fun to be back ! I did 0 work and was in decent position in the last corner but still a bit short for the sprint. I see 189 bpm on the HR monitor which is way above my usual max HR, weird.
Can’t wait for next week, I’ll be doing laps on the SBK before the cycling ????

I considered asking my wife to leave work early so that I can go race my bike and only be back after the kiddo is fed and bathed and in bed, but I went a different direction...

Sounds like it was a good session to get in the legs. ????

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

I considered asking my wife to leave work early so that I can go race my bike and only be back after the kiddo is fed and bathed and in bed, but I went a different direction...

Sounds like it was a good session to get in the legs. ????

yeah it was fast and furious, a little bit too much for me for a 1st of the season maybe, from what I remembered it usually starts rubbing after 2 or 3 races, well not this time ;)

But there was close to no wind, not many breaks or gaps forming so the power numbers/efforts in the legs were not that crazy except for the first 2-3 laps and the last lap of course. Overall it was a very good one to get back to it and get a feel for close-fast racing, hope you can make it next time and we can meet in person ;)

Team VanDM race report:

On Wednesday Jan-Harm and guest rider @Jbr took on the second Nite series race at Killarney Race track by Del-Al. It was hard and fast! Starting position is pivotal and unfortunately the 2 of them were caught in traffic far in the back. Things were strung out and splits happened from the gun, but it was a hard day out with good clean and safe racing!! Big thanks to JB for guest riding for the team. Maybe more to come?

1684044705_WhatsAppImage2021-09-17at12_25_26.jpeg.c21ee746507a04c9b0e18eee9ed7a2b9.jpeg

It's nice to see the numbers are growing, but it also causes congestions to leave pitlane and get to the track, by the time we clipped in the front of the race was already out of turn 1, and on a windy day like this the bunch stretches and breaks very easily ! Also lots of the guys were rubbing elbows causing swerves and other guys jumping on the brakes, which also created a few gaps

Edited by Jbr

44 minutes ago, Jbr said:

It's nice to see the numbers are growing, but it also causes congestions to leave pitlane and get to the track, by the time we clipped in the front of the race was already out of turn 1, and on a windy day like this the bunch stretches and breaks very easily ! Also lots of the guys were rubbing elbows causing swerves and other guys jumping on the brakes, which also created a few gaps

Crit and cirtuit racing is a different beast...

Are you doing Perdeberg next weekend?

4 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Crit and cirtuit racing is a different beast...

Are you doing Perdeberg next weekend?

At the moment I'm not, I've been draggued into doing the Val de vie stage race that weekend, except my teammate bailed on me and I end up on my own... Might give that entry away and race motorbikes the saturday and Perdeberg sunday, decisions decisions...

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

At the moment I'm not, I've been draggued into doing the Val de vie stage race that weekend, except my teammate bailed on me and I end up on my own... Might give that entry away and race motorbikes the saturday and Perdeberg sunday, decisions decisions...

hold your horses...