Java MTB & Trail Run Challenge - 9 Oct 2021

JavaMTB

Java MTB & Trail Run Challenge

9 October 2021

Van Loveren, Robertson

This year we are doing things a bit differently, we are going back to basics. Stripping away all the fuss to focus on mountain bike cycling at its best – raw, sweat and nature.

Starting and ending at Van Loveren in Robertson, the three trails vary in technicality and offer riders of all fitness levels a great workout.

The 20km route is ideal for beginners. It consists mostly of jeep tracks with some single tracks, and is not very technical, with only 232m elevation. R250 per person  ~starts at 08h30.The 45km route is suitable for intermediate riders with an elevation of about 850m. R300 per person ~starts at 08h15. 

The 65km is a grueling route for the adrenalin seekers. It includes many sections of the 2018 ABSA Cape Epic route as well as virgin territory and custom-built single tracks. The 1400m elevation will excite even the most seasoned rider and is perfect training for the upcoming Wines2Whales and To Hell and Back MTB events. R300 per person ~ starts at 08h00.

Goodie bag, medal and free cappuccino to all MTB entrants.

10km Run with a 200m elevation, takes place over rugged, yet scenic terrain, crossing the confluence of two rivers. R120 per person, includes medal and free cappuccino.

No prize giving. Lucky draws start at 12h00. All events are timed. Staggered start. Strictly adhere to Covid-19 safety protocol.

Online Bookings only

www.javamtb.co.za

Bookings close 6 October 2021.

20191012-16 (Large).jpg

IMG_0287 (Large).jpg

IMG_0442 (Large).jpg

IMG_3120 (Large).JPG

IMG_3229 (Large).JPG

Java 17-125 (Large).JPG

Java 17-149 (Large).JPG

Java 17-288 (Large).JPG

IMG_3142 (Large).JPG

IMG_3156 (Large).JPG

IMG_3172 (Large).JPG

IMG_3580 (Large).JPG

Java 17-116 (Large).JPG

Edited by JavaMTB
website info added

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mike Mac said:

It seems one gets about the same level of response here as one does to emails sent to the organiser ????????‍♂️

Organiser was last on the forum for his last post ....

Surely there must be a contact number ....

I have done their ride previously, was impressed.

This time round the date clashes with Elesfontein ride .... YES. they do welcome ebikes.

Registration close tonight ....

6 hours ago, Mike Mac said:

It seems one gets about the same level of response here as one does to emails sent to the organiser ????????‍♂️

This time round the date clashes with Elesfontein ride .... YES. they do welcome ebikes.

44 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Understandable, but they did not reply to my email query sent to them on the 10th Sept either ????????‍♂️. Moving on. 

• 2 weeks later...