What are some good budget 4 pot brakes for enduro?

Veshanp

Hey everyone im busy building up a pyga slakline and for the time being I am going to be using 2 pot brakes but I want to upgrade my budget is under 5k any ideas?

3 hours ago, Veshanp said:

Hey everyone im busy building up a pyga slakline and for the time being I am going to be using 2 pot brakes but I want to upgrade my budget is under 5k any ideas?

I’ve been using shimano mt520 which is their proper low cost 4 pot enduro brakes; they work like dream.

19 minutes ago, Ernst Kromhout said:

I’ve been using shimano mt520 which is their proper low cost 4 pot enduro brakes; they work like dream.

You can't go wrong with these, win all the way

6 hours ago, Veshanp said:

Do you know any shop in the Johannesburg area that has stock of them?

I’m not sure, you’re probably going to have to get them online if you want them new; but I have a set that I used for about half a year. 
I replaced them because the back brake’s master cilinder’s handlebar clamp broke, if you are able to find a clamp I’ll let them go for 2.5k

Just now, Ernst Kromhout said:

I’m not sure, you’re probably going to have to get them online if you want them new; but I have a set that I used for about half a year. 
I replaced them because the back brake’s master cilinder’s handlebar clamp broke, if you are able to find a clamp I’ll let them go for 2.5k

I’m not sure if this is true, but on easy bike (a south african website) they go for 2k a side

If I had to give up my Codes I'd run the Deore 4 pots. Definitely the best of the budget brakesets out there.

If you ride hard you'll be doing a lot of bleeding, but it's a reasonably simple job - get a bleed cup and some oil when you buy them, and watch Marshy's Shimano bleed video. 

36 minutes ago, Knersboy said:

A recent review;

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/brakes/disc-brake-systems/shimano-bl-mt501-mt520-disc-brake-review/

for what it’s worth I have the 4 pot SLX brakes and they have been brilliant. None of that wondering bite point poo I had on my previous XT brakes. 

I've always found SLX and Deore brakes always worked so much better than XT and I've never understood why they have always seems to have issue with XT models.