UCI Road World Championships | Flanders 2021

Vetplant

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Here's the selection policy from CyclingSA. If anything, it's the federation that needs to be asked why, and not the riders.

https://cyclingsa-my.sharepoint.com/personal/kandice_venter_cyclingsa_com/_layouts/15/embed.aspx?uniqueId=867bb076-f041-4e76-873e-12cbf17822e7&access_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJub25lIn0.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.SWdpdnNvSmdJVHBUTXBpalpIdmh3UW5TWFVhK041Nk1rUkhEV3BMY2JsVT0

What gets under my skin is the list of events where they claim needs to be A-grade, or National Classics, and have at least 3 of the riders taking part for it to be considered "selection events". The local pros don't support the event, so why should the event then spend the money to try and attract them. 

{"error_description":"Invalid JWT token. The token is expired."}

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

{"error_description":"Invalid JWT token. The token is expired."}

I'm on a VPN
image.png.ee68f2737d3c5df409273b259434585a.png

4 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Yes and no, CSA could do something similar independently by sending young riders over to Europe to race at a lower level to gain experience and exposure.

CSA would need to make use of their European contacts with other federations to find place for these riders to stay, train and race.

My wife and I did something similar in that we provided free accommodation and meals for a young mtb rider for one summer to come and race all over Europe. This allowed them the chance to be exposed to a much higher level of competition at more affordable price tag, otherwise the costs become to much for the rider and their sponsors / Parents ???? 

They certainly could, it's whether they want to do so or whether they have access to the funds to do so. Both scenarios seem likely to me. Obviously we can't have the UCI giving every Saffer a chance and the WCC team seems to be a way they (UCI) try to give deserving athletes from around the globe that exact chance to learn and grow. So it would definitely be down to CSA to give that kind of assistance in having a team or teams racing over in Europe while being based there.

Good on you and your wife for having helped the young mountain biker. That was a wonderful gesture on your part.

The teams are currently busy with their practice/exploratory rides and seem to take it really easy and relaxed - here are a couple of the guys appreciating the scenery in front of our house (at the start of the Smeysberg climb). 

Smeysberg.jpg

Smeysberg2.jpg

Edited by Charlie600

29 minutes ago, Charlie600 said:

The teams are currently busy with their practice/exploratory rides and seem to take it really easy and relaxed - here are a couple of the guys appreciating the scenery in front of our house (at the start of the Smeysberg climb). 

????

image.png

52 minutes ago, Charlie600 said:

Smeysberg.jpg

Smeysberg2.jpg

I want one of this Corima hoopsets, blacked out, for my fiets. ????

12 minutes ago, Charlie600 said:

Smeysberg is an ugly beast en jy k@k altyd af, selfs met 'n 10-52 kasset op die MTB!

Been there done it long ago as a kid can confirm its a nasty little surprise :)

2 hours ago, Charlie600 said:

Smeysberg.jpg

Smeysberg2.jpg

Do you have a spare bedroom for me next year ????

1 hour ago, FondTF2 said:

Looks chilly and then you have what looks to be a local oom in his Jean pant and short sleeve shirt????

Tucked in short sleeve shirt.... That makes all the difference