UCI Road World Championships | Flanders 2021

Vetplant

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Pop quiz, from Dr Stephen Seiler. Guess the names first, then go lookup. Only two riders have finished all five of the last WC events.

My first thought was Valverde.

2nd in my mind was someone "obscure" like Mads Pederson or Trentin.

But with TNT1 mentioning Allaphillipe, he is now fairly obvious.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Pop quiz, from Dr Stephen Seiler. Guess the names first, then go lookup. Only two riders have finished all five of the last WC events.

2A048617-C058-4645-B8B5-BDB82296B0B5.jpeg.17d168a9c7217ad20f9a462535d08de1.jpeg

i was going to guess kwiat, but had to run this through excel!

JAP, positions of 10,8,,28,1,1 (=48)total time behind leader from 5 races is 3:09

Valgren positions of 21,7,6,11,3 (=48) total time behind leader is 2:53

8 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

i was going to guess kwiat, but had to run this through excel!

JAP, positions of 10,8,,28,1,1 (=48)total time behind leader from 5 races is 3:09

Valgren positions of 21,7,6,11,3 (=48) total time behind leader is 2:53

It was too much effort for me to check time, as PCS gives the UCI points earned.

46 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It was too much effort for me to check time, as PCS gives the UCI points earned.

wait, how do you do that? is there a stats thing that you can compare with, like cricinfo?

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

wait, how do you do that? is there a stats thing that you can compare with, like cricinfo?

Yes, on Procyclingstats.com

The points you hear about that each team/rider earns, is based on results at each event. 
34C9F6CF-8456-4762-A047-BA64E1DDDAB0.png.eb3b20e6e9e1be4fca0da73159385645.png

Edited by Frosty

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Based on UCI point collected.

image.png.ad6035c93930055323b7a9d5a7f20c81.png

@Frostybut wait is this manually done in excel? or do they have a way to add them built in?

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

@Frostybut wait is this manually done in excel? or do they have a way to add them built in?

I did that in Excel. Sorry, misunderstood you there.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

That all-important first win in the rainbow jersey.

pic Getty Imagesspacer.png

Did she celebrate before or after line? Haven’t watched

Edited by Frosty
Spelling

• 2 months later...

Adding this here, as there isn't a dedicated thread to World Champs (all disciplines).

I heard yesterday, through a Pro who does XCO, Road and TT that the UCI are planning to have a festival of World Champs in 2023 that will see Road, TT, Track, XCO and possibly DHI all competing in the same town/area within the same time period (possibly a week; two weekends) of racing.

The recent Champions League on the Track had a unique 2-event format with shortened distances and races within a few hours. Made for good spectating over a short period.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, Frosty said:

Adding this here, as there isn't a dedicated thread to World Champs (all disciplines).

I heard yesterday, through a Pro who does XCO, Road and TT that the UCI are planning to have a festival of World Champs in 2023 that will see Road, TT, Track, XCO and possibly DHI all competing in the same town/area within the same time period (possibly a week; two weekends) of racing.

The recent Champions League on the Track had a unique 2-event format with shortened distances and races within a few hours. Made for good spectating over a short period.

That'd be interesting, possibly restrictive for host nations with that kind of cross section of disciplines.
I like the format that was piloted in SA a few years back with MTB Worlds. Masters event a week or two before the Elites under the same umbrella.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, Frosty said:

I suspect that managing a biosecure environment is of highest priority for the Aussies, hence the geographical ring-fencing of the event.

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

I suspect that managing a biosecure environment is of highest priority for the Aussies, hence the geographical ring-fencing of the event.

I heard mention of Glasgow, Scotland for the 2023 Word Champs.