Servicing a floor pump

bleedToWin

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

My bike pump has served me well over many a good year. The valve head at the base is however moeg and needs replacing.
Can I find parts anywhere, or am I doomed to replace what is 95% working? ????

Pump is a RAVX Dual Phase 200 track pump.
Looks like this is the kit I need:
https://ravx.com/product/valve-head-kits/

You can get new hoses and chucks from a few places, I've just replaced the one on my hundred year old track pump. Nut sure if this is what you're looking for though.

5 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Good question. My Lezyne gauge doesn't work but inflates perfectly. Would love to address this at some point 

Lezyne spares are pretty easy to get hold of when the agents have stock.

42 minutes ago, droo said:

You can get new hoses and chucks from a few places, I've just replaced the one on my hundred year old track pump. Nut sure if this is what you're looking for though.

No. Need the master head valve that goes inside the pump at the base that controls the one directional flow from pump body to hose.

Ok, so it's the check valve on the other end of the hose before the gauge.

In that case OE is probably the only way to go if you need spares. I'd strip and relube it as a starting point, sometimes it's just the check valve that gets stuck open or closed. I use RS Dynamic Seal Grease on mine cos I've got heaps of it, but any light grease should do the job.

1 hour ago, droo said:

Lezyne spares are pretty easy to get hold of when the agents have stock.

Thanks Andrew I however suspect that the problem is linked to the sealing of the gauge.

7 minutes ago, droo said:

Ok, so it's the check valve on the other end of the hose before the gauge.

In that case OE is probably the only way to go if you need spares. I'd strip and relube it as a starting point, sometimes it's just the check valve that gets stuck open or closed. I use RS Dynamic Seal Grease on mine cos I've got heaps of it, but any light grease should do the job.

I opened and reassembled. Got some life back. I'll try again and lube also. TY