- INDIVIDUALS 3-day event

- Day entries for this ride only

Working through the stats:

- TEAMS 3-day event : 52 entrants, 44 started, 41 finished

- INDIVIDUALS 3-day event : 62 entrants, 52 started, 45 finished

- Day entries for this ride only : 16 entrants, 14 started, 14 finished

- Overall : 130 entrants, 110 started, 99 finished

Winning times:

- TEAMS 3-day event : Pieter won, but the first full TEAM to finish was Forza Racing Team at 3:10:51, 23 year old riders.   Louise Janse van Rensburg , as part of a male female team was the first female to finish at 4:13:30  (I did not see any all female teams)

- INDIVIDUALS 3-day event : 2:48:29, Meyer de Waal, 61 year old male,   3:27:39, Hanlie Booyens, 48 year old female

- Day entries for this ride only : 2:34:55, Johan van Zyl, 20 year old male,  2:49:48, Cherrie Redecker, 32 year old female

The commentators noted how the day-entrants were going full blast, with the 3-day riders having to be more sedate in their approach, keeping something in the tank for the next day.

Pity these stats dont show normal vs ebikes ....  I do know the one gent on an ebike snapped two spokes and did not finish.  Not sure how many other ebikes there were in the 55km ride.

Edited by ChrisF

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I told Maritz the first to cross the finish line was a 20 year old .... he looked at me, and asked: "So who was the YOUNGEST to ride the 55km?"

Turns out I did not have to look very far ....

Team Rawson, Morne and Ryan Veer, had Ryan as the youngest rider in the event at 16 years old.  Even more impressive, they finished 12 and 13th overall.  And to really knock it home, they were the SECOND "full team" to finish, a mere 6 minutes 40 seconds behind the Forza Racing Team.

Ryan Veer, a young name to remember ..... :thumbup: