Backing out of a deal

Just Simba

3 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Yes sir, after another *** experience with a seller in the east rand who promised me the bike was mine, refused to accept upfront payment or a deposit, and then kept delaying our meeting due to 'family affairs' before selling to someone else, and then another *** experience with a very active reseller on the west rand who told me his bike was in 'perfect conditon' except the shock was broken and needed a full overhaul and the fork stanchion had a chip in and etc etc etc ... you know how it goes.

I agree, judging by your messages you are not nearly as forthright a buyer as you first made out and I have my popcorn ready for the rebuttals! 

????

Yeah, I don't usually start a conversation with "I buy and sell for spare change"

Some people hate resellers, I know you do ;) 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I build banking systems and RTC (real time clearing) or Express clearing is almost instance and governed by PASA. Wade it talking **** that the monies did not hit his account. Worst case scenario, it would have been flagged as fraudulent and the bank would have called either parties to confirm. In my mind, he was delaying.

Just now, Trashy said:

Definitely saving this.

Bad communication 101: How to overcomplicate a simple process and introduce fear and anger into a straightforward business deal. Revised edition.

I'm going to assume not once was there a phone call made either. It amazes me that people are so scared to speak to another human. The amount of info one can gain and assurance offered via a simple chat is invaluable, yet people will spend half their day exchanging texts, misinterpreting what the other has said, get worked up because of the 5 min having to wait for a response is fueling their anxiety.

Prrrring prrring muthafuckas. 

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

Up till now I friendly requested using hub pay.  Based on this little debacle, going forward I will insist, or no deal.

I mean, ESPECIALLY if you're in different provinces!

If it's face to face and the seller has a good reputation then I'm far less concerned.

And why not have a phone call to feel the buyer/seller out?

The number of times a phone call has helped me discover someone I wasn't willing to deal with has likely saved me headaches like this.

And... Both parties agree to a deal, without first establishing exactly who the other person is? Mind-blowing.

7 minutes ago, FreeSoul said:

I build banking systems and RTC (real time clearing) or Express clearing is almost instance and governed by PASA. Wade it talking **** that the monies did not hit his account. Worst case scenario, it would have been flagged as fraudulent and the bank would have called either parties to confirm. In my mind, he was delaying.

or the money was never paid, since no PoP could be supplied?

2 minutes ago, karma said:

or the money was never paid, since no PoP could be supplied?

Personally, I dont see the point in sending PoP if I just express paid R75k into your account. I mean, you can see it, the money is there. But I see the point you are trying to make. Besides, I got my money back, so that would suggest that it was received, right?

1 minute ago, FreeSoul said:

True!

OK, so do you still stand by "Wade it talking ****" and "In my mind, he was delaying"

3 minutes ago, Just Simba said:

Personally, I dont see the point in sending PoP if I just express paid R75k into your account. I mean, you can see it, the money is there. But I see the point you are trying to make. Besides, I got my money back, so that would suggest that it was received, right?

Don't agree, especially on R75k you send every form of PoP.

Yes, eventually, so maybe you only paid it later and was trying to scam the seller? 

Edited by karma

I read this earlier this morning. Up tp the point where seller responded.

My worthless 2c: Buyer – Simba – has been respectful and seemingly honest in his statements. Economical with details (most of is irrelevant in the earlier stages of the thread). Then Seller – Wade – responds with name-calling, accusations of collusion etc. Puerile. 

And that is amplified when Seller states money does not reflect in his account, but offers a refund. ????

Seller does not sound like the sort of person I'd call a friend.

Edited by tinmug

Just now, karma said:

Don't agree, especially on R75 you send every form of PoP.

Yes, eventually, so maybe you only paid it later and was trying to scam the seller? 

If you read the convo you will see the that he received a notification from his bank that the payment was made