Backing out of a deal

Just Simba

1 minute ago, Just Simba said:

No ways?! Really?

Yip, that's why its important to be very careful what you type on here.  Lots of warnings points issued in the past, luckily non of it to me.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

NOTED, I'll go edit my original post in respect for Std Bank

Admittedly this was years ago, but I sold a motorbike and told the buyer I wasn't letting it go until the funds cleared in my account. Buyer paid and I received a notification but the money didn't reflect in my account for 3 days. When I phoned my bank, they advised me not to let go of my possession until the money actually reflected in my account. Not sure if that can still happen but that was my experience.

Edited by Trashy
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Just Simba said:

image.png.16a8ba69321d5c7da371fc292871a8f3.png

Sorry, means nothing, could have been to your wife/buddy/other account.

Unless Seller can validate the acc (you omitted) nr is his, this is just a nice picture from MSPaint, and does not help us detectives in any way. 

Just now, Trashy said:

Admittedly this was years ago, but I sold a motorbike and time the buyer I want letting it go until the funds cleared in my account. Buyer paid and I received a notification but the money didn't reflect in my account for 3 days. When I phoned my bank, they advised me not to let go of my possession until the money actually reflected in my account. Not sure if that can still happen but that was my experience.

Yip that notification is not proof.  Needs to reflect in your account.

1 minute ago, karma said:

Sorry, means nothing, could have been to your wife/buddy/other account.

Unless Seller can validate the acc (you omitted) nr is his, this is just a nice picture from MSPaint, and does not help us detectives in any way. 

The account number in the screen grab is mine, I decided to hide it

And the reference is the sellers name, decided to hide that too.

I thought it was sufficient

1 minute ago, Trashy said:

Admittedly this was years ago, but I sold a motorbike and time the buyer I want letting it go until the funds cleared in my account. Buyer paid and I received a notification but the money didn't reflect in my account for 3 days. When I phoned my bank, they advised me not to let go of my possession until the money actually reflected in my account. Not sure if that can still happen but that was my experience.

For some reason, this reminded me of a motorbike story that happened to my Wife's Uncle:

Selling his Motorbike, a guy shows up in his car and they do the normal chat and he asks for a test-drive. Uncle says sure, as the car is there, no issue.

Never saw the dude or the Motorbike again. Guy arrived with a stolen Car!

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yip that notification is not proof.  Needs to reflect in your account.

Absolutely agree, thats why I didnt send proof of payment.

His own bank sent him the notification of funds received

His bank and my bank confirmed that the transaction was processed on Friday

I called both banks on Monday to confirm

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

For some reason, this reminded me of a motorbike story that happened to my Wife's Uncle:

Selling his Motorbike, a guy shows up in his car and they do the normal chat and he asks for a test-drive. Uncle says sure, as the car is there, no issue.

Never saw the dude or the Motorbike again. Guy arrived with a stolen Car!

Clever bliksem !

7 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Admittedly this was years ago, but I sold a motorbike and told the buyer I wasn't letting it go until the funds cleared in my account. Buyer paid and I received a notification but the money didn't reflect in my account for 3 days. When I phoned my bank, they advised me not to let go of my possession until the money actually reflected in my account. Not sure if that can still happen but that was my experience.

And you made me send the Uber twice i even missed my cousins birthday. 

15 minutes ago, Just Simba said:

No ways?! Really?

forever, yes. Or at least until you start posting nekkid pichas and calling people dirty names...Then this page will die a fast death

I do like the Bikehub pay system but 3% of R125 000 is R3750 and that is a lot of money! It would be lekker if the pay function topped out a bit lower IMO. You guys also seem to be going on like the marketplace could not have functioned before pay but I don't think there were that many instances of big scams... Maybe I am wrong, I am new here anyway (and a bit slow)

2 minutes ago, Just Simba said:

Absolutely agree, thats why I didnt send proof of payment.

His own bank sent him the notification of funds received

His bank and my bank confirmed that the transaction was processed on Friday

I called both banks on Monday to confirm

Simba, I definitely think you could have done more to assure the seller of your legitimacy, but ultimately, it was Wade's responsibility to make sure he was happy that he was dealing with a trustworthy person.

He was the person with more to lose and he should have done whatever he needed to before casually handing out his bank details.

He also shouldn't have agreed to sell for an amount that he wasn't happy with, if that was the issue in the end.

He could also have done as you did, and called his bank to verify. He clearly had the money in his account, his ability to refund you shows that to be the case.

Overall, I have learnt much, laughed more and gratefully enjoyed this show from the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

forever, yes. Or at least until you start posting nekkid pichas and calling people dirty names...Then this page will die a fast death

Not a bad idea...