Backing out of a deal

Just Simba

1 hour ago, capediver said:

I went thru it once...he dissed us okes from the Eastern Cape...nuff said...even the jollers from Dispatch will take umbridge!

there's another hub website where you can find lots of gisting

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2c worth ....

I bought a R135K bike on the Hub , unsighted ...... BUT , after first making contact on the hub , shock and horror .... I PHONED THE SELLER !!!

We had an actual conversation , did the negotiations on the phone , and agreed on the deal .

I paid R70k deposit ( I am at risk for R70k .... he then sent the bike , DBN to JHB ( he was at risk for R65k ... ) .

Verbal confirmation from BOTH parties as the deal progressed . He got his cash as discussed , and I got my dream ride , as promised .

Messaging isn't always the best form of communication ....

2 minutes ago, Popit said:

My 2c worth ....

I bought a R135K bike on the Hub , unsighted ...... BUT , after first making contact on the hub , shock and horror .... I PHONED THE SELLER !!!

We had an actual conversation , did the negotiations on the phone , and agreed on the deal .

I paid R70k deposit ( I am at risk for R70k .... he then sent the bike , DBN to JHB ( he was at risk for R65k ... ) .

Verbal confirmation from BOTH parties as the deal progressed . He got his cash as discussed , and I got my dream ride , as promised .

Messaging isn't always the best form of communication ....

100% !!!  In addition to getting someone on "the blower", use Hub Pay ...  

3 hours ago, Just Simba said:

The account number in the screen grab is mine, I decided to hide it

And the reference is the sellers name, decided to hide that too.

I thought it was sufficient

Let's try this out again and test the system ... I will send you my banking details and you send me.... let's say 15K to start with ... I will then let you know when it has cleared :P

3 hours ago, Just Simba said:

Whats a couple hundred K to Cape Epic enthusiasts ;)

Well played

Wade's message, while written as though he was being ravaged by a mob of angry honey badgers, doesn't seem too difficult to interpret in my mind.

In it, he names "Nicholas Captain Hans Moolman" as the user "Just Simba". It appears that Ace Cycles contacted him with another low-ball offer, after Just Simba realised that their deal was in jeopardy, and Wade felt that the two were working in cohorts, perhaps because they are based in the same area. Who knows. Ace has denied this claim.

Wade also alludes to this tactic of tag-team lowballing being a "modus operandi" of Just Simba and Ace Cycles, with evidence of this apparently available on Facebook. Again, none of this has in any way been substantiated, but that is the gist of his message, as best I can make sense of it.

Just now, Trashy said:

Wade's message, while written as though he was being ravaged by a mob of angry honey badgers, doesn't seem too difficult to interpret in my mind.

In it, he names "Nicholas Captain Hans Moolman" as the user "Just Simba". It appears that Ace Cycles contacted him with another low-ball offer, after Just Simba realised that their deal was in jeopardy, and Wade felt that the two were working in cohorts, perhaps because they are based in the same area. Who knows. Ace has denied this claim.

Wade also alludes to this tactic of tag-team lowballing being a "modus operandi" of Just Simba and Ace Cycles, with evidence of this apparently available on Facebook. Again, none of this has in any way been substantiated, but that is the gist of his message, as best I can make sense of it.

I really want to hear more about the Ace-Simba conspiracy. I suspect Wade may have gone into hiding now though. 

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

What has worked well for me in multiple transactions here in BikeHubLand is a conversation between myself and the buyer/seller. We make a lekka connection, promise to keep on talking instead of typing where necessary and then build an alliance therein. 

This is South Africa. Africa. Building relationship matters. Talking consistently throughout at least and building a win:win scenario is best.

Disclaimer: This guidance above does not work with buyers/sellers with poor intentions.

Community ended after the hub was taken over by professional traders.

Fond memories of the "old days" 

10 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Don't you come here with your facts and sound reasoning...

11 minutes ago, Trashy said:

perhaps because they are based in the same area. Who knows.

Simba is in PE and Ace in Gauteng the seller is in Western Cape so Wade ties this together who know.

Just now, Barry said:

Simba is in PE and Ace in Gauteng the seller is in Western Cape so Wade ties this together who know.

Can someone direct me to SANDTON, WESTERN CAPE, please.

15 minutes ago, jcza said:

Community ended after the hub was taken over by professional traders.

Fond memories of the "old days" 

True, people keep on using that word, but it has no relevance anymore. Time to let it go, and accept that this is gumtree for 2 wheels, sprinkled with traders that add zero value and just inflate prices.

16 minutes ago, Barry said:

Then I have absolutely no idea how the connection was made!

Was Ace the "Bike shop" that the bikes were to be delivered to?

2 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Then I have absolutely no idea how the connection was made!

Was Ace the "Bike shop" that the bikes were to be delivered to?

I am sure Manny will let us know.