Shimano 11 speed shifter for MTB

Black Line

Hi all,

Seems like 11 speed shimano shifters are nowhere to be found - like searching for hens teeth. I only manage to find one online link, currently only available at Cyclelab / CWC, but way out of my budget! 

Any other options / shops i can try...? Perhaps someone has one they would like to sell? No need for XT spec. Deore / SLX will be just fine.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Black Line said:

Hi all,

Seems like 11 speed shimano shifters are nowhere to be found - like searching for hens teeth. I only manage to find one online link, currently only available at Cyclelab / CWC, but way out of my budget! 

Any other options / shops i can try...? Perhaps someone has one they would like to sell? No need for XT spec. Deore / SLX will be just fine.

Let me know when you find it ....

I need a shifter and derailure .... idealy a ful set with cassette and chain.

Been looking for some time already ....

12 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Let me know when you find it ....

I need a shifter and derailure .... idealy a ful set with cassette and chain.

Been looking for some time already ....

I was fortunate to get a new cassette and chain from a hubber at a very good price.

Bought the derailleur new at evobikes in the hope that the shifter would be easy to find. Seems like the SRAM shifters are more readily available on the market / LBS / online stores. 

Need the shifter to complete the wife's drivetrain upgrade before the cycle tour...otherwise I'm gona have to push her up uphill. Lol

45 minutes ago, JulienR said:

Thanks for the referral Julien. The first link is out of my budget unfortunately (to purchase now and then sell later). I tried contacting the guy in the 2nd link sometime ago for 2 days in a row and no response at all. Probably sold already

4 minutes ago, Ernst Kromhout said:

Theres an xtr 11spd shifter on here posted a few hours ago for R450

Also saw that, but look like it is the "left" one (2x 3x) for the front derailleur, but better to confirm with the seller.

9 hours ago, Black Line said:

Thanks for the referral Julien. The first link is out of my budget unfortunately (to purchase now and then sell later). I tried contacting the guy in the 2nd link sometime ago for 2 days in a row and no response at all. Probably sold already

The guy from the second ad does not reply at all. I made contact with him immediately after the post came up, but thanks for the link of the first one, I think I need to purchase it ????

14 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Also saw that, but look like it is the "left" one (2x 3x) for the front derailleur, but better to confirm with the seller.

Oh ya, see that now

Have you tried Olympic Cycles? I don't know what they're like now, but a few years ago they seemed to have loads of all types of gear trains in stock.

It's best to go to the shop, their online offering is rubbish.

Edited by cfcjim
Additional info.

1 hour ago, cfcjim said:

Have you tried Olympic Cycles? I don't know what they're like now, but a few years ago they seemed to have loads of all types of gear trains in stock.

It's best to go to the shop, their online offering is rubbish.

Ah ok, only been doing online shopping, occasional phone calls. 

19 minutes ago, Martin PJ said:

Don't know if it helps but the 11 speed SRAM works with 11 speed Shimano MTB, used it for years.

100% the sprocket pitch is identical for 11 speed SRAM & Shimano.  The good old days before 12 speed where they still matched each other with critical dimensions:

image.png.7ff509af82d827f477bce7f1edca135b.png

Just now, TheoG said:

100% the sprocket pitch is identical for 11 speed SRAM & Shimano.  The good old days before 12 speed where they still matched each other with critical dimensions:

image.png.7ff509af82d827f477bce7f1edca135b.png

Holy smoke, that's some really useful information indeed!! Now time to go back to all those precious searches that I ignored. Lol. 

Thank you very much

24 minutes ago, Martin PJ said:

Don't know if it helps but the 11 speed SRAM works with 11 speed Shimano MTB, used it for years.

Thanks Martin. Very helpful indeed :)

6 minutes ago, Black Line said:

Holy smoke, that's some really useful information indeed!! Now time to go back to all those precious searches that I ignored. Lol. 

Thank you very much

Pleasure.  I found this when searching for the Shimano 12 speed sprocket pitch, but this list was probably compiled before Shimano released 12 speed.

Shimano 12sp sprocket pitch = 3.55 mm (So no longer the same as SRAM = 3.65 mm).

Edit: BTW I recently bought a shifter that can operate any cable derailleur (within the range of it) on any cassette, anything from 2 to 20 sprockets ....  ????  Best part its wireless and can be tuned for each individual gear.  It works absolutely perfect, I don't need to buy a shifter EVER again.  Archer DX1 Trial, pricy but much cheaper than SRAM AXS and Shimano Di2.  imho its a better solution that Di2 with AXS the ultimate at a hefty price.

Edited by TheoG