Backing out of a thread....

Mountain Bru

image.png.849927abdf2c83f85d4d4be282ec5e19.png

Anyone care to explain why the much anticipated "Friday thread" was closed (Backing out of a deal)?

I feel like every time I see that "this thread is now closed" banner, I hate this site a little more. North Korea has more freedom of speech than the forums here. 

5 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Anyone care to explain why the much anticipated "Friday thread" was closed (Backing out of a deal)?

I feel like every time I see that "this thread is now closed" banner, I hate this site a little more. North Korea has more freedom of speech than the forums here. 

Have you read the last 2 pages?

As an aside, North Korea doesn't even have the internet. It has almost no freedom of anything. Let's not be ridiculous. That's like stubbing your toe and telling your wife it hurts just as much as childbirth.

Edited by Jewbacca

16 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

I also don't understand why the thread was closed. This site has already become pretty boring since the "current affairs" type threads have been banned.

Seems that fun is now verboten.

28 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

As an aside, North Korea doesn't even have the internet. It has almost no freedom of anything. Let's not be ridiculous. That's like stubbing your toe and telling your wife it hurts just as much as childbirth.

Confused Episode 1 GIF by Friends

21 minutes ago, Walt Jabsco said:

I also don't understand why the thread was closed. This site has already become pretty boring since the "current affairs" type threads have been banned.

Seems that fun is now verboten.

When you say fun, you mean the kicking, biting, scratching, slapping, pinching and bitching that those sort of threads degenerate into ?
It's clear how some Hubbers are hungry for a forum fight by how quickly those threads grow.

52 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

If we were anything like North Korea you'd be banned (or worse) for this outburst. ????

Reasons for closure:

• The transaction in question did not originate on Bike Hub
  • The buyer was a member previously banned from Bike Hub for the use of multiple accounts
  • The seller was subsequently banned from Bike Hub for the use of multiple accounts
  • The last 3-4 pages of unrelated banter

With the above in mind and both parties not present to take part there is little reason for the thread to continue.

There were some lessons in it though. #1 being, don't mess around with duplicate accounts on Bike Hub. If you do, don't be surprised when you find yourself banned. And #2... use Bike Hub Pay.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we were anything like North Korea you'd be banned (or worse) for this outburst. ????

Reasons for closure:

• The buyer was a member previously banned from Bike Hub for the use of multiple accounts
  • The seller was subsequently banned from Bike Hub for the use of multiple accounts

With the above in mind and both parties not present to take part there is little reason for the thread to continue.

There were some lessons in it though. #1 being, don't mess around with duplicate accounts on Bike Hub. If you do, don't be surprised when you find yourself banned. And #2... use Bike Hub Pay.

I was bitterly disappointed in the closure of that thread.

But I can't fault the argument above, and, to be honest, without the original posters participating, we were never going to get the closure we needed.

I thought we had closure fairly early on and the rest of the thread was just fooling around kicking at the dust which probably justifies putting the horse out of its misery finally. 

Didn't realise that the main protagonists had been booted out of the saloon completely which is interesting. 

Wow .... I find the following two points interesting and annoying from those who created these accounts.

It would also explain why the one user came in so strongly in the Epic Tread with his/her opinion in a manner no new user usually does.

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Reasons for closure:

Thanks, that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Reasons for closure:

Any chance of you please posting their various accounts or multiple account names?

Then we know what and who we have been communicating with all this time

11 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

is it still up ? I only got about halfway when i had to start being productive