Transition Sentinal V2...whats your thoughts

Stephen_TM

Good Day fellow hubbers

I am interested in getting a Sentinal V2, ride in Jonkershoek and Tokia  and go shuttle days.

Haven't seen any around (maybe there a reason?) , is curious what they handel like on these trails with long wheelbase and slack hta.

Maybe I  must just get a hightower or megatower i know they will  be great but want to get something different .

Been thinking about it but is difficult buying bike that you can't demo or even see in the flesh where as i know people that are very happy with there santa cruz bikes.

TIA

I ride a 2018 Patrol. 2 mates on the V1 Sentinel and love it. The V1 got rave reviews... The V2 came out  and as you probably know.... Serious upgrade over the V1. It's also not a huge travel bike. Imo would be amazing for Jonkers etc. 

As for getting one in RSA... I don't think it's even on Tranny RSA's website but contact them on their Facebook page. Luke is usually very good at responding ????

But I highly doubt you'd find a demo unfortunately ???? But in this case... It wouldn't concern me in the slightest. 

All of their new bikes have seriously hit the mark and the Spur.... Holy hell I'd give lefty and righty for one ????

You haven’t seen any around because stock is a massive issue right now. I wanted a Spur last year and was told waiting list is 6 months + with no guarantees.

That being said, I rode a V1 Sentinel. Absolutely loved that bike. It did alot for me in terms of my progression as a rider. It’s a point and shoot sort of bike, it’ll truck over anything and stay super stable. Somehow it climbed incredibly well (not fast, but comfortable) and was quite payfull too. I had the alu frame and it was built up with coil, cush core, dh casings in the tyres, so ultimately it was too heavy for an all rounder and as part of a pairing down exercise I sold all my bikes to find the ultimate 1 bike to do it all (that’s why I was enquiring about a Spur). 

I do however think the carbon V2 Sentinel built up correctly can be close to perfect for the trails you are riding. Just highly doubt you are gonna be able to get your hands on one. If you can, I’d say go for it!

• 11 months later...