Perdeberg Lite - WP Cycling

bleedToWin

Team VanDM Music race report:

With JB doing Val de Vie and Louis away with family commitments Jan-Harm and Wilco lined up at Perdeberg Cellars for 5 laps of the undulating 25km circuit. While the whole circuit was essentially rolling hills, two pressure points were identified: One at the end of the home straight, and the main one at the end of the back straight. 

Wilco was making and responding to moves in the first two laps, but the right composition was never achieved and all the moves were getting nullified by an eager field of strong racers. The goal was to roll with a break, so when there was a lull in speed Wilco went off the front and started lap three in a solo break hoping to lure a bridge attempt from some riders deemed not-too-threatening. A single file peloton however reeled him in, and the immediate counter-attack was the first move of what would eventually become the winning break of the day. The third lap of the race continued at a relentless pace  and ended with Wilco losing contact on the climb on the back straight. It was however a case of dialing it back and finding the legs again as he was able to chase back on and play a part in the remaining two laps that saw the breakaway dwindle down to four riders, but still taking the honours. Not known for sprinting, and having left it all out on the course, Wilco still managed a decent 16th.

5d96a2e6-a5bc-4fa8-b43e-b5f69c844499.jpeg.478e8739cbf4f40371e54eaba9e29e0f.jpeg

Edited by bleedToWin