How do you feel about a bike shop putting their sticker on your bike?

Nuffy

How do you feel about a bike shop putting their sticker on your bike?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. If you take your bike or suspension product for a service, how do you feel about the shop putting their sticker on it when they’re done?

• I’m happy to promote them on my bike. I’ll gladly leave it on.
    • I didn’t notice it and don’t care. Stickers won’t affect how I ride.
    • I don’t like it, but it’s just a sticker and I can take it off.
    • I don’t care who you are or how good your service was, NOBODY changes the appearance of my bike unless I specifically ask for it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was popular in 90/early 2000s but haven't seen it in many years. I generally service my own bikes but every now and again I take them in to get something done. I think if I saw a sticker Id ask for a discount in lei of advertising fees.

3 hours ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

If the service is good... and they not ripping me off every time I walk in there ...ill happy keep the sticker on.

I would happily post a sticker of Mark's Workshop.  Then again, after nearly 30 years of superb service he is more than just my LBS. :clap:

In fact, after a mere 5 years, Janos at Evobikes have helped me out a number of times.  Would happily promote them. :thumbup:

A random bike shop (or vehicle garage) adding a sticker to my ride .... certainly wont raise my blood pressure, nor will the sticker be there the next day ... :P

15 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I would happily post a sticker of Mark's Workshop.  Then again, after nearly 30 years of superb service he is more than just my LBS. :clap:

In fact, after a mere 5 years, Janos at Evobikes have helped me out a number of times.  Would happily promote them. :thumbup:

A random bike shop (or vehicle garage) adding a sticker to my ride .... certainly wont raise my blood pressure, nor will the sticker be there the next day ... :P

Get a tattoo of his sticker. 

One of the stickers I have considered is the Black Sheep Bikes Sticker ... I like the look of it, and what little service I have had from them has always been really good.

But leave the stickers at the till, and leave it up to the client to decide if they want any!

image.jpeg.e204ceed6ebe30d5f5468942c33820c4.jpeg

23 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

Just No

See it on cars all the time and it gets me raging. Why should I even have to tell them upfront not to. I'll take your free stickers, but it must be my choice to actually stick it on.

So different from truck services. Some don't even offer you a wash after, they just send you the invoice and when you get the truck back it is as it was. Except Scania, always clean. ????

Thanks for all the responses. I run a shop myself. I’ve never done this, as I would feel the same way as most of you – if I want a sticker on my bike I’ll put it there myself, thank you very much. But a couple of other shops in my area do it, and I feel violated on my customers’ behalf when I see the stickers on their bikes. Then I started wondering if maybe I was in the minority and my emotional reaction was unjustified. But the poll results and comments speak pretty clearly.

I do think, however, that if we polled all the customers from these shops the results would be a bit different. The fact that I see these stickers means the owners of the bikes didn’t notice them or mind enough to remove them. On average, Hubbers are probably more particular about their bikes and in tune with the details, and do more of their own work than the average shop customer.