Bikepacking for a great cause

Kixx

Bikepacking: Ride the Cederberg Traverse 250km and support a great cause  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you enter a self-supported 4 day bikepacking race, limited to a field of 20-30 riders, for R3,950.00 supporting a great cause and get R1000 worth of goodies? There would be medic support/sweep vehicle/roaming mechanic

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, what concerns do you have?

• Covid safety protocols
    • Distance/ascent each day
    • Don't have all the necessary equipment
    • Affordability
  3. 3. If no, why not?

• Too expensive
    • Would prefer fully supported/not have to carry all my own camping equipment and food
    • Too far
    • Not far enough
    • 4 days is too many, would prefer shorter duration and longer days in saddle
    • Would do if only over weekend, or maximum 3 days

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/21 at 09:02 AM

Thanks Copperhead will see how things go. Interesting point. I'm not set on Cederberg - it does tick some blocks in terms of not too far from CT, personal familiarity etc. I've also considered Grootvadersbos/Barrydale/Montagu region. For me, so long as it's on a bike + camping + relatively remote = happiness. Any ideas you have please do share!

There sure are quite a few new races popping up again although with 20-30 pax I'm using the term somewhat loosely for my concept. From what I can see, there is understandable concern about Covid exposure, and smaller events therefore are more appealing. 

You're on point about a lot of cyclists out there  - my battle is how to find them and create awareness of my event, and this survey is just another step in that regard. Ideally looking for like-minded individuals for whom bike + camping + remote wild land + helping others who can't help themselves + family = fulfilled living.

Passion is good yes. I've done many races in my time but until now, had absolutely no idea how hard it is to get something like this off the ground...

Lol ya that's noted! (said the tortoise (with a very toight bank balance) to the hare). Thanks for the encouragement and fits my worldview too - in it for the long haul and for the love of the game.