Knock off adverts should be disallowed

Sampaj

Even if openly advertised or labeled as knock offs. I thought that was a BH rule

Edited by Sampaj

5 minutes ago, Sampaj said:

Even if open as such or labeled as knock offs. 
I thought that was a BH rule

If you're talking about the "Sutro" ad then I didn't actually see that they had the "O" logo on the arms, which I believe is then allowed. Takealot sell them aswell and they're not passed off as "Oakleys". There are now so many brands who have followed the Sutro and Jawbreaker shape. The ad just looked like plain Sutro looking glasses, but again, I never saw any logos so they should be fine.

https://www.takealot.com/sophie-moda-cycling-goggles-mirror-coating-sport-bicycle-sunglas/PLID65543121

Edited by FootballingCyclist

5 minutes ago, Sampaj said:

Even if open as such or labeled as knock offs. 
I thought that was a BH rule

It is a rule! Please post a link to the ad and we'll take a look.

5.6. Counterfeit or illegal products. You may not list any counterfeit or illegal products for sale. If we find that you posted any counterfeit or illegal goods, we will suspend or terminate your account.
http://help.bikehub.co.za/en/articles/4656778-terms-of-service

Some reference here to an ad I've posted here for "Knockoff Sutros". 

OP should consider at the difference between knockoffs/imitations and counterfeits. 
Exactly as the point with the takealot offering - in my view half the glasses on the market are ripping off one of other of Oakley's designs. 
What I'm selling is no-name brand takealot style glasess (as it happens I bought them from another hubber and don't really dig the look, so posted them for sale). 

They're in no way claiming to be Oakleys, and I'm not selling them as Oakleys. I'm all for the rule above and reporting of actual counterfeits. But cheapie versions of top brand products are everywhere, and as long as they're sold as such I personally don't see much issue. 

Happy to be persuaded otherwise. And if imitations are deemed as illegal by bikehub I have no problems to remove them. 

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

It is a rule! Please post a link to the ad and we'll take a look.

5.6. Counterfeit or illegal products. You may not list any counterfeit or illegal products for sale. If we find that you posted any counterfeit or illegal goods, we will suspend or terminate your account.
http://help.bikehub.co.za/en/articles/4656778-terms-of-service

To be clear, that excludes imitation items, correct?

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

To be clear, that excludes imitation items, correct?

Generally speaking, yes. If it looks similar to the authentic item, but doesn't carry the brand name it's likely okay in terms of our rules on counterfeits. These aren't typically illegal, but could be challenged in court if too similar to the real deal.

The lines can be very fine when it comes to an imitation or knock off, but with a counterfeit it's pretty clear cut. If it looks similar/the same AND carries the brand name, but isn't original then it's definitely not allowed.

1 hour ago, MattBCR said:

Some reference here to an ad I've posted here for "Knockoff Sutros". 

OP should consider at the difference between knockoffs/imitations and counterfeits. 
Exactly as the point with the takealot offering - in my view half the glasses on the market are ripping off one of other of Oakley's designs. 
What I'm selling is no-name brand takealot style glasess (as it happens I bought them from another hubber and don't really dig the look, so posted them for sale). 

They're in no way claiming to be Oakleys, and I'm not selling them as Oakleys. I'm all for the rule above and reporting of actual counterfeits. But cheapie versions of top brand products are everywhere, and as long as they're sold as such I personally don't see much issue. 

Happy to be persuaded otherwise. And if imitations are deemed as illegal by bikehub I have no problems to remove them. 

Based on my reply above these glasses aren't counterfeits so are allowable, however we'd ask that you refrain from using the "Oakley" or "Sutro" name in the ad title and description.

You're obviously not suggesting that they are the real thing, but any use of those trademarks next to an imitation could create problems.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Generally speaking, yes. If it looks similar to the authentic item, but doesn't carry the brand name it's likely okay in terms of our rules on counterfeits. These aren't typically illegal, but could be challenged in court if too similar to the real deal.

The lines can be very fine when it comes to an imitation or knock off, but with a counterfeit it's pretty clear cut. If it looks similar/the same AND carries the brand name, but isn't original then it's definitely not allowed.

But does it look like a Session

lame Pinkbike joke