Ride from Rugani - 24 September

Jay F

not technical, but long and slow. I'm struggling to follow the exact route, but some of those roads can be quite corrugated. The website suggests that it is a hard route - it's not the same as 50k's of tarmac. I did 100 in that area last weekend and suffered through it.

On further inspection the maps on their website are upside down - this is the route on Strava.

51.2 km Road Cycling Route on Strava

you've got about 3km of softer sand and corrugation to start early on, then smoother roads all the way to Magaliesberg at the 25km mark. 6km of railway after that is ok, then down a rocky dip (watch this part - the rock ledges sticking out of the road surface can be a bit jarring), and on to a segment known as slow poison which climbs steadily for the next 7km. Then 6km of sand and corrugations gets you back to the tar. last 5km are flat and should be relatively smooth.

Edited by 100Tours

Cheers, thanks @100Tours, appreciated. Feel a bit foolish for asking when the map is on the site but it wasn't there when I registered two weeks ago.

The section between the two white lines is absolutely terrible...!
I rode this with a mate a few weeks ago and conversation soon turned to swearing and asking whose idea it was to take this road....????

If you have any loose fillings....good luck!

jameson road.jpg