AmaShova 2021 - Route Changed

pedal menace

43 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It’s not that difficult, the M13 is a nice gradual drag until Field’s Hill, then some (short) torture, and then back to some gradual drags before turning around.

Should be able to hold a rhythm on most of the M13. The two bumps between the Hillcrest off-ramp and Shongweni are short too, heading out and back.

Never been afraid a some torture 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen Sunday's start times? GUD LUK to those who are spending Saturday night in PMB. 

And something like 70% chance of rain. Really hope that changes a smidge lower as we get closer to the weekend

Edited by HdB

1 hour ago, HdB said:

And something like 70% chance of rain. Really hope that changes a smidge lower as we get closer to the weekend

No mail received yet - but if it rains - hmmm....I will likely lie in. 

1 hour ago, pedal menace said:

No mail received yet - but if it rains - hmmm....I will likely lie in. 

Yip, weather not looking very conducive to bicycle racing. 

9 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Yip, weather not looking very conducive to bicycle racing. 

For sure - especially the nice downhills the last 40km's or so - wet roads at that speed ...no tx! Will sit on my stoep, watch the beach having an early braai! 

Unless the weather is absolutely terrible, I'll ride - not driving that far to not ride :D
At least, with that amount of climbing in the first half, there shouldn't be big groups going back.
But I should probably put on new tires, just in case.

12 minutes ago, HdB said:

Unless the weather is absolutely terrible, I'll ride - not driving that far to not ride :D
At least, with that amount of climbing in the first half, there shouldn't be big groups going back.
But I should probably put on new tires, just in case.

Oh I have no problem driving down for the beach, ocean, good food and company....oh yeah and some cycling (optional if it rains). Happy to skip and enjoy the time off - I really need it! Been a hectic year so far. 

Edited by pedal menace

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. Awesome weather today, but I don't think we will be as fortunate tomorrow. 

Going to be a challenge, but that's why we love it, isn't it? 

Enjoyed the ride thoroughly! I arrived at the venue and wanted to go home badly - it was wet and cold! Yet - decided to ride and despite the rain and wind and YES climbing - it was really good fun! 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:37 AM, Neville Bailey said:

It was a tough route with lots of climbing, lots of wind and occasional rain!

What did you record with, Neville, that the video is so long?