Stolen: Specialized Epic Evo 2021 (Gauteng)

Giant2

59 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Sorry about that mate, hope you guys are safe. Where in Mnandi did this happen if I may ask? 

image.png.605f0286e332fe1101e667b04e357d84.png

The area by the airfield and dam are a no go. Many people robbed of off road bikes and MTB same gang of 5 even nailing the horse riders.

23 hours ago, Barry said:

The area by the airfield and dam are a no go. Many people robbed of off road bikes and MTB same gang of 5 even nailing the horse riders.

sad that there are now no go areas. Real sad. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 5:26 PM, Giant2 said:

Stolen: Specialized Epic Evo 2021

When: 18/09/2021

Where: , Mnandi AH, Centurion, Gauteng

Brookes leather saddle, XTR group set, Rockshock front and rear shock, SRAM Level brakes, Ergo grips

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section.

Possibility these are the same 5 gunmen.

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/cyclist-shot-dead-robbed-of-bike-in-centurion-20211016

This tragic incident happened in exactly the same spot (it appears to be as the dirt road turned left into Mimosa) as ours 3 weeks ago. It cannot be a coincidence that it was again 5 armed men in the same area. My heart goes out to the family. My sincere condolences.

At the time, the SAPS had no interest in even looking at the Garmin's live tracking, which remain active for a while. 

21 minutes ago, Giant2 said:

This tragic incident happened in exactly the same spot (it appears to be as the dirt road turned left into Mimosa) as ours 3 weeks ago. It cannot be a coincidence that it was again 5 armed men in the same area. My heart goes out to the family. My sincere condolences.

At the time, the SAPS had no interest in even looking at the Garmin's live tracking, which remain active for a while. 

You were lucky that you only lost your bike that day it is clear that these guys are willing to shoot an kill.