MTB Tyres

JJDT

My wife is in need of new rear tyre for her E-Bike. It is currently fitted Maxxis Minion DHR 2.60 tyres. Looking for tyres found the following: Vittoria Barzo 27.5 x 2.60 TNT Graphene 2.0 and Pirelli Scorpion 27.5 x 2.6 Enduro Mixed/TL Tyre. Can only find a direct replacement in the size of a 2.80, but I do not know if it will fit.

Your views on tyre choices?

I found some of those a CWC a while back.  (surprisingly good price as well)  I stayed with the same, damn nice tires !!!!!

A week later Evobikes also had stock.

Still waiting for the fronts though ..... (thankfully not in a hurry, but will stock up when there is some to be found locally)

While searching for the Maxxis I saw some very similar size and treadpattern on a Specialized ebike .... looked seriously tempting

Can you tell us the bike model? I had the same problem, couldn’t get any 2.6 tyre, and ended getting the vittoria martello 2.8 but is a tight fit on the back, probably will swap it to front or get a pair of new tires.

if you don’t mind you can always have a bigger tyre on front

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

While searching for the Maxxis I saw some very similar size and treadpattern on a Specialized ebike .... looked seriously tempting

I will also look at Spez tires...

@Sh4mir there are some 2.6 tyres at Evobikes. Was just asking what is the feeling on those tyres as the original Maxiss tyre is not available. The issue on my wife's E-Bike is that the rear is a 27.5 and front 29.