What training to do after your race?

Help.Me.

I have followed the Base Programs on Trainer Road and were quite impressed with the ease I did my outside rides over the weekends. I then did a TR generated training program for my event. I got a bit distracted in doing this because the event was postponed and life happens. When I did my "race" I was under prepared but survived just fine. The big question now is what kind of training must I do now?  Must i start with Base Training again and just build my Base? There are no races in the next 4 months that I am looking at.

Edited by Help.Me.
spelling

7 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

What's an "out ride"?

Doing my outside longer rides over weekends. Spinning during the weekdays on IDT.

2 minutes ago, Help.Me. said:

Doing my outside longer rides over weekends. Spinning during the weekdays on IDT.

Ah, so what the rest of us call rides?

I thought you meant like gay pride parade on a bicycle.

hit a FTP test, compare it to previous test, do a short base build and even if there is no race doesnt mean you cant set a personal goal for say DEC /Jan always better to chase a goal and keep focused

in my professional opinion as a mechanic 

4 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

hit a FTP test, compare it to previous test, do a short base build and even if there is no race doesnt mean you cant set a personal goal for say DEC /Jan always better to chase a goal and keep focused

in my professional opinion as a mechanic 

Hallo Dips, thanks that sounds like "fun" lets see the other recommendations from the "pro's"  ????. When last did you hear from Rouxtjie? Is he still cycling? We must have a J2C 2013 reunion!!

39 minutes ago, Help.Me. said:

Hallo Dips, thanks that sounds like "fun" lets see the other recommendations from the "pro's"  ????. When last did you hear from Rouxtjie? Is he still cycling? We must have a J2C 2013 reunion!!

loooong ago he is like the winning lotto ticket,, everyone talks about it no one ever sees it

can you believe its already that long ago,,, donner i`m old 

1 hour ago, Help.Me. said:

I have followed the Base Programs on Trainer Road and were quite impressed with the ease I did my outside rides over the weekends. I then did a TR generated training program for my event. I got a bit distracted in doing this because the event was postponed and life happens. When I did my "race" I was under prepared but survived just fine. The big question now is what kind of training must I do now?  Must i start with Base Training again and just build my Base? There are no races in the next 4 months that I am looking at.

What do want to do next, as in a goal/event?
That will then determine what you need to do.

If you want to train for something, then train; if you want to just ride, then just ride. No-one here can tell you what to do unless you yourself k ow.

Start a new plan using Plan Builder in TR, for whenever your event is next year?

I've been following a low volume Trainer Road plan the last few months, ending with the Amashova.
After that, I am probably going to add another plan ending at next year's CTCT or possibly Double 90 in April.
Will just swop out some rides for outside group rides, especially in Dec.