1993 cannondale repaint

G0ku

I think it looks great!

Would not have been my choice of colours (what do I know, my bike is black) but I imagine it would have been perfectly suited to the 90s.

You will not believe the difference decals will make. It will take it from looking like a repainted bike to a factory paint job. Take a vector of the Cannondale logo and ask a local signage place to cut you some silver or chrome decals. Will not cost much.

1 hour ago, Aidan Hendriks said:

Thanks man!

yeah some decals would probably look really good on it. 

Be brave and go full nineties retro with lumo yellow decals.

PS. Dreaming of a custom blue to white fade, with black paint drops, pink decals on the rear stays and lumo yellow on the main triangle.

Edited by DJuice

I like the bike. I have two Cannondale frames which I am going to restore soon. I am probably going to powder coat them, then put decals and spray a clear coat over the decals. I also have the decals, bought them off Ebay some time ago. Pretty much want to make them look original.

3 minutes ago, Martin PJ said:

I like the bike. I have two Cannondale frames which I am going to restore soon. I am probably going to powder coat them, then put decals and spray a clear coat over the decals. I also have the decals, bought them off Ebay some time ago. Pretty much want to make them look original.

A powder coat would be ideal I reckon ???? certainly more durable than paint, but alas, I'm on a student's budget 

20 minutes ago, Aidan Hendriks said:

I've been told by some people and a quick google search that 54-58cm would fit, depending on the brand, but yeah I don't have any pain or tiredness in my neck/back/arms or anything like that when I ride this one 

There you go. By the way nice colour. You will definitely be seen on the road.

Well done, that's a great turnout for a first attempt at spray painting, you can be proud of yourself ????

Let me know if you need some vinyl decals for it, I can design and cut you a set and send up via postnet.

34 minutes ago, Aidan Hendriks said:

A powder coat would be ideal I reckon ???? certainly more durable than paint, but alas, I'm on a student's budget 

Got a local guy in Durban who does it, charges about R800 a bike. I have had two bikes done, it comes out perfect.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, DJuice said:

Be brave and go full nineties retro with lumo yellow decals.

PS. Dreaming of a custom blue to white fade, with black paint drops, pink decals on the rear stays and lumo yellow on the main triangle.

agree. even hot/lumo pink will work

IMG_20210928_103441.jpg.7a59c786ac03684a8d157396d00fe7b4.jpg.738d02521a922da895e29c9a0b924b1e.jpg

Edited by MORNE

• 3 weeks later...