Cyclist Down Gallo Manor ... RIP

cyclenut

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I do not ride early mornings anymore on weekends. And this being the first weekend on LD Level 1 when alcohol can be purchased over the weekend. As usual nothing will happen to the motorist.

Edited by dev null

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

Taxi tried to get away ..... hope they nail that %^#$^&#

If he hadn't tried to leave the scene of the accident the second cyclist may very well have survived.  Imagine the fear and pain that comes from being dragged under a vehicle for 500m. It's brutal, I hope he gets the maximum sentence 

1 hour ago, Emazing said:

Taxis driver kill more people in South Africa than most war torn country in Africa according to statistics per year. The poor passengers take their lives in the hands of these wild drivers daily. Other road users are also at high risk - a common problem in Africa is a break down of law and order. Most African nations are more or less lawless and the same. The government lack the intellect or the rational to control Violent crime and lawless driving. So sad. I just came back from first world Switzerland where you can ride your  bicycle safely and freely people drive carefully and it is it incredible experience and see a first world country. 

3 years ago we visited my brother in law that lives in Switzerland. The one standout memory is how law abiding and courteous everyone is 

This is so sad ! Makes me so angry! May the rider,husband and father RIP. And that this driver is punished for this! 

loosing hope in South Africa. Life has no value here ! 

again love to the family and friends and may the other rider recover from this mentality and physically! 

9 hours ago, Newster said:

If he hadn't tried to leave the scene of the accident the second cyclist may very well have survived.  Imagine the fear and pain that comes from being dragged under a vehicle for 500m. It's brutal, I hope he gets the maximum sentence 

Absolutely terrible.... When someone leaves the scene/hit and run, there should be a mandatory 5 years sentence even before anything else...

Unfortunately its a land of minimal consequences....

Condolences to the riders family and friends, this sounded horrific. A rider was airlifted to hospital in Cape Town on Saturday after being hit on Kommetjie road near Ocean View. Not a good weekend for cyclists...

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Condolences to the riders family and friends, this sounded horrific. A rider was airlifted to hospital in Cape Town on Saturday after being hit on Kommetjie road near Ocean View. Not a good weekend for cyclists...

My group was nearly taken out just outside the informal settlement driver just gunned it through the stop street. Didn’t look like he knew how to operate the brakes. It’s getting more dangerous out there every weekend

Grief never ends…but it changes.

It’s a passage, and not a place to stay 

Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith

It is the price of love

Coach the boys at PCC are broken, you have made us laugh and cry more than we can remember

You will never be forgotten 

May the single track in the clouds be fast and flowing and may the tar up there be smooth with no hills. 

Edited by Ttocs

It is amazing how things change..... In SA life is cheap and you tend to get a little hardened to crime/danger/death etc.

Having lived in Copenhagen for a few years now I cannot fathom how 1 human being would treat another human being like that.

It is beyond belief. My condolences to all who knew the riders...