Cyclist Down Gallo Manor ... RIP

cyclenut

Unbelievable, one cannot even contemplate what the poor guy went through before passing away. Can only hope he did not suffer for long.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CogitoErgoSum said:

It is time for public executions. If you take someone's life, you will be executed on the spot. Dom donnerse taxi gemors

Executed, that’s showing mercy

Stone the fokkers and leave them to die slowly as a reminder to the others.

RIP to the cyclist, it was the most brutal way to go. I lose a bit of myself when I read these stories, When even the paramedics are shocked at the nature of the scene.

y friends and family keep asking me why I don't cycle anymore. The roads are just not safe enough, I pushed my luck a few years ago training for the 947 and got away with some hairy situations. 

God this is just horrible. I hope the friend is okay and can live with it.

one more horrific story to add to the pile. when is enough going to be enough? Burry's incident changed nothing from what I can see.

7 hours ago, Headshot said:

Condolences to the riders family and friends, this sounded horrific. A rider was airlifted to hospital in Cape Town on Saturday after being hit on Kommetjie road near Ocean View. Not a good weekend for cyclists...

report I saw doesn't mention this.

At 8:56AM this morning, Cape Medical Response received a call for a cyclist that had collapsed while cycling on Kommetjie Road at the intersection of Slangkop Road close to the Ocean View SAPS Station. CMR dispatched a paramedic and an ambulance.
On arrival on scnene, CMR medics found a 54-year old local male that had collapsed while cycling. Witnesses and bystanders including a doctor had begun CPR on the patient. Paramedics took over CPR with advanced life support efforts along with the continuing aid of the doctor. The team was able to reestablish a pulse on the patient.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

one more horrific story to add to the pile. when is enough going to be enough? Burry's incident changed nothing from what I can see.

report I saw doesn't mention this.

Aah, some clarity. My wife drove past the scene and assumed it was a car/bike incident. 

• 1 year later...

So today justice was served, the driver was sentenced to an 8 year jail term, two of which are suspended.  

i know this doesn’t bring back Alex, but I hope it starts the healing process for some. 

RIP Coach, you will always remain in the hearts of the PCC crew. 

IMG_0508.png

RIP and condolences to loved ones. Guys I know this can happen out in the sticks but my humble opinion is to not ride in the suburbs - mate of mine lost a close friend about 6 weeks ago in Allen's Nek area also. In the country areas there's less traffic density. In urban areas I suggest rather ride a MTB on the pavement or a trainer. 

Nice to see Justice served, a great example when the system works,  but unfortunately it won’t improve the overall picture of road carnage on SA roads. We need much harsher sentences to drive home the message.

Best wishes to family in these trying times. 🙏🏻