32 or 35c tyres to check- PMB

RogM

Guys

Is there anyone in pmb or close that has 32 or 35 tyres on road bike rims? I would like to check if I have space between my brake calipers to fit wider tyres before I buy

'91 Bridgestone Radac

Cheers

Rog

9 hours ago, RogM said:

Guys

Is there anyone in pmb or close that has 32 or 35 tyres on road bike rims? I would like to check if I have space between my brake calipers to fit wider tyres before I buy

'91 Bridgestone Radac

Cheers

Rog

On older bikes, you'll be lucky to get away with 28mm max. 

What size tyres do you have on now? you can also use a small allen key to move around the tyre and see how much clearance the frame has. Not perfect but it will give you a good sense. e.g. if you have a 28mm tyre and want to try a 32mm tyre, then use a 2mm allen key on each side. . .

2 hours ago, JulienR said:

What size tyres do you have on now? you can also use a small allen key to move around the tyre and see how much clearance the frame has. Not perfect but it will give you a good sense. e.g. if you have a 28mm tyre and want to try a 32mm tyre, then use a 2mm allen key on each side. . .

Thanks Julien.

Front is 23, 7mm passes comfortably, 8mm catches.

Rear 25, 4mm easy fit, 5 catches at the top..

Cheers 

So 32/34 will definitely not fit. 28mm could fit depending on the type of riding you do (i.e. not muddy)

4 minutes ago, JulienR said:

So 32/34 will definitely not fit. 28mm could fit depending on the type of riding you do (i.e. not muddy)

Thanks again..

Ya, only use that bike on the road..

just remember the clearance between the tire and the back of the seatube where the FD clamp is that can often be tighter than the caliper clearance on an older road bike frame 

3 hours ago, bikebloke said:

just remember the clearance between the tire and the back of the seatube where the FD clamp is that can often be tighter than the caliper clearance on an older road bike frame 

Cheers will check that thanks Steve!!

6 hours ago, bikebloke said:

Checked, plenty, thanks Steve :thumbup: