Scammers wanting to purchase bikes via eft

bazzaspeed

I was approached by a scammer this am.Asking for banking details,said he was send ingbhis brother and will send proof of payment..and do an instant payment.Insaid I wouldn't hand over any bike untill the funds reflected in my account.He agreed,then no one pitched...

Please fellows hubbers don't fall for this obvious scam..don't hand over anything untill u are 100% sure the money reflects in your account.Peole are still falling for this as they feel bad or under pressure to do the deal..

4 minutes ago, bazzaspeed said:

I was approached by a scammer this am.Asking for banking details,said he was send ingbhis brother and will send proof of payment..and do an instant payment.Insaid I wouldn't hand over any bike untill the funds reflected in my account.He agreed,then no one pitched...

Please fellows hubbers don't fall for this obvious scam..don't hand over anything untill u are 100% sure the money reflects in your account.Peole are still falling for this as they feel bad or under pressure to do the deal..

Just now, fanievb said:

please let @Matt or @Nick know

This ????

Or hit the report button on the account.

5 minutes ago, bazzaspeed said:

Was this in response to an advert on Bike Hub? Please DM me or send a mail to help@bikehub.co.za with any details. If the account is active on Bike Hub we'd like to block them immediately.

24 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I will only release the bike with uncleared funds to Desmond Tutu himself personally. No one else must bother 

Sure IF Mandela was alive, you would have extended him the SAME courtesy?

????

8 hours ago, NeverNotRolling said:

If anyone says they sending someone else to collect a bike on their behalf, its probably scam city...

I actually had someone else collect a bike , 1 week later tho after payment was made.

He lived 5 hours away but got his mate to check n collect bike.

So u do get the odd honest guy, but yeah not often

6 hours ago, Ed-Zulu said:

Credit and uncleared EFT collections allowed only to persons over 80 years of age accompanied by both biological parents.

In full health too. 

2 minutes ago, MajG said:

I actually had someone else collect a bike , 1 week later tho after payment was made.

You're one of the lucky few. The one I met, the usual, brother worked in a space station where they were studying how to build a coal mine on mars. The money would be set by Marty McFly, and then delivered by snow white and the three little bears. 

Only when he realized I was the big bad wolf did he let it go.  

2 hours ago, MajG said:

Haha I just had the same thing when I sold my road bike... 

Guy based in Durban bought bike after his bro came to view. 

Bike was kept until every cent cleared. I even had bike boxed for him after he paid me.