Scammers wanting to purchase bikes via eft

bazzaspeed

On 10/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, Matt said:

Was this in response to an advert on Bike Hub? Please DM me or send a mail to help@bikehub.co.za with any details. If the account is active on Bike Hub we'd like to block them immediately.

Hi Guys, i had a similar experience the other day. The problem is that they contact you via Wattsapp or phone you. So they don't necessarily have an account to block.

Just now, _Pat_ said:

Hi Guys, i had a similar experience the other day. The problem is that they contact you via Wattsapp or phone you. So they don't necessarily have an account to block.

Hi _Pat_,

Please report anything like this to us.

In order to view a phone number on your ad they will require a Bike Hub account, unless you've shared your phone number in plain text (which we strongly advise against). If you still have a record of the phone number they contacted you from please share this with us, along with the date and time. We should be able to connect the dots and ban any offending account(s).

If the source is Bike Hub we obviously want to clamp down on bad actors. What we find happens more frequently is that users have their ads on multiple platforms and scam enquiries are coming via other platforms.

I have somehow developed a 6th sense for scammers...when they give me a call and I mention money cleared to avoid scammers, they drop that call and block me immediately. 

38 minutes ago, Job said:

I have somehow developed a 6th sense for scammers...when they give me a call and I mention money cleared to avoid scammers, they drop that call and block me immediately. 

The one time the guy called me and said he has a special set of skills... to find who reported him. Was a bit scary. 

8 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I bought an SWORKS Shiv, unseen, before Bikehub pay. What an adrenalin rush. 

Pablo Escobar is asking if we can ship your product...????

7 hours ago, Job said:

I tell them I'm an ancestor and will bewitch them and everyone they've met in the last three hours and if they're lying they will die ????