Bushes missing in linkage? Anyone with similar or same bike?

JS Scott

IMG_20211008_093615.jpg.3d890944bd19c68943023b6163cff880.jpg Hi all, can anyone with the same or similar bike confirm if there are bushes in between the rocker and frame? Think the previous owner might have lost them. Doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be any bushes in there, swingarm moves without them and scared of tightening the bolt without bushes in case something snaps. Can someone confirm? See pictures to see what I mean. 

IMG_20211008_093640.jpg

IMG_20211008_093635.jpg

IMG_20211008_093632.jpg

IMG_20211008_093622.jpg

IMG_20211008_094418.jpg

Edited by Jasonscott83

Definitely look like something is missing there.  I suggest you take it to a Trek agent and let them advise you.

Edit:  Do you have any idea what the model and year is?  Can help you search for info with this available.

Edited by TheoG

That bolt in the third pic does not look correct at all. Agree with Theo, get it to a Trek dealer. They'll be able to see what is needed from their parts catalogue

I don't think that it should have a nut like in your pic. They would use a hex bolt or alen bolt and that would be flush with the frame. 

Edited by Barry

I had the same bike - that nut doesnt look right - From what i remember there are no bushes between the frame and link - But ! the bearing is a special bearing with the inner race wider in one side and a flange on the outer race - The bearins link/frame and link/seat stays should all be the same