Mineral Oil

Headshot

Anyone have a supplier of mineral oil, suitable for Shimano brakes? Shops seem to have tiny bottles of Shimano brand oil for silly money. I'd like a nice big bottle so I can go moggy bleeding my XT's and SLX's.

You'll need a ISO 7 to 15 hydraulic oil. 

Castrol LHM fluid could also be suitable and is available in pack sizes small enough for a bicycle home mechanic is use. The rest is available in like 20L pales

in the motocross/offroad bike fraternity a couple of alternates have been used. Fork oil, baby oil, ATF.

Personally I would see if you can get some from motorex, think it is hydraulic 75. The old KTM clutches used mineral oil not brake fluid...

21 hours ago, fanievb said:

Not a rebrand, Total have always made an LHM+ for Citroen as did Castrol. The original approval work was done by Total (being French oilco for French Auto manufacturer). total has recently started making more  of its product line available in South Africa to consumers as opposed to just OEM's hence the Total LMH at takelot

18 hours ago, droo said:

Max Wax Red. Available directly from Altema Oil.

Looks like you need to be a stockist to buy directly from them...