Shebeen

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jeepdude said:

LIVE on youtube me thinks... subscribed to something like that

Hope so, please attach link when you see it? 

**** sorry to hear about @Blouogiesaccident yesterday. So much drama leading up to the start of this race with both Cannondale teams being out and now RDX having to swap riders hours before the race ! Hope you get better soon man :(

10 minutes ago, Jbr said:

**** sorry to hear about @Blouogiesaccident yesterday. So much drama leading up to the start of this race with both Cannondale teams being out and now RDX having to swap riders hours before the race ! Hope you get better soon man :(

What happened to him ?

15 hours ago, Stephan said:

Where can I find a map showing the actual route per day?

i think that will come with the livetracking on  each day.

I guess since they have the same route as 2020, all of the maps and alles are ready, but probably not wanting to encourage people they have seemingly not published them.

Important information for fans

Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will not be allowing any spectators at the 2021 Absa Cape Epic.

For your safety and that of the riders please park in the designated areas and do not block the path of the riders. Please abide by the marshall’s  instruction’s at all times. To avoid congestion please follow the directions given on our website and on the mobile app for each day’s points.  

So who is going to win this thing?

Bulls 1, have a former winner and a former backup guy

their backup team is probably the best too, i assume platt/lakata won't be up there as they are racing masters.

spez songo, for the first time since you know when we have a PROPER chance of a local winner. I dunno about the backup from sauser and his youngster though. not sure if they can get help from matt's insect trade team either (if they're there)

trek pirelli have got 2 guys with good epic experience and results, but no backup at all. 

and that's about it really, loads of dark horses.

looking at the top10 ranked teams there are 8 riders popping their epic cherry this year.

just five have finished in the top 5 before.

huber, beers, porro, beukes and sauser

I think the safe bet is with Bulls1, but there is the very real chance that Beers/Sarrou ride away from everyone - that would be awesome.

Hi guys. Yes I'm really sad to miss out on the Epic. It's unfortunately part of the sport and these things happen. I still have a great deal to be thankful for and like they say, it could have been worse. Now time to recover and then looking forward to the next challenge at hand. Thank you for all the support and well wishes. You're all legends.

Keep well and be safe.

????????

I rode Plum Pudding this evening - it is in a bad state.  If you are 100% happy on steep rocky downhills, I recommend walking the bike down.

Andrew

9 hours ago, Shebeen said:

So who is going to win this thing?

Bulls 1, have a former winner and a former backup guy

their backup team is probably the best too, i assume platt/lakata won't be up there as they are racing masters.

spez songo, for the first time since you know when we have a PROPER chance of a local winner. I dunno about the backup from sauser and his youngster though. not sure if they can get help from matt's insect trade team either (if they're there)

trek pirelli have got 2 guys with good epic experience and results, but no backup at all. 

and that's about it really, loads of dark horses.

looking at the top10 ranked teams there are 8 riders popping their epic cherry this year.

just five have finished in the top 5 before.

huber, beers, porro, beukes and sauser

I think the safe bet is with Bulls1, but there is the very real chance that Beers/Sarrou ride away from everyone - that would be awesome.

Eish no mention of the worlds top ranked marathon riders as contenders. Diaz finished 3rd at World Champs just a few weeks back, and the newly Crowned World Champ with Martin Stozek as Canyon Northwave, but the team with backup is the team to beat. Don’t think Sarrou have it in him to go balls to the wall for 8 days off the back of this past XCO season. 

Any idea how strictly the no spectators thing will be applied tomorrow? 

Pretty ridiculous that soccer games can take place in front of stadium crowds again, but the epic is still strictly without spectators. 

Would be nice to go watch the prologue tomorrow 

14 hours ago, Andrew Buckley said:

I rode Plum Pudding this evening - it is in a bad state.  If you are 100% happy on steep rocky downhills, I recommend walking the bike down.

Andrew

You stole my post, Andrew! I rode it this week and the exit is more technical than its been in years! 

2 hours ago, Limitseeker said:

Pretty ridiculous that soccer games can take place in front of stadium crowds again, but the epic is still strictly without spectators. 

If I was there, I'd go....if there is fans in the sands surely we can socially distance in the bush. 

13 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Eish no mention of the worlds top ranked marathon riders as contenders. Diaz finished 3rd at World Champs just a few weeks back, and the newly Crowned World Champ with Martin Stozek as Canyon Northwave, but the team with backup is the team to beat. Don’t think Sarrou have it in him to go balls to the wall for 8 days off the back of this past XCO season. 

Agreed. Canyon Northwave to win easy if theres no mechanical. Especially stage  with the climbing

4 hours ago, Limitseeker said:

I'm going tomorrow. Plenty of spots to watch the action.