Absa Cape Epic 2021 thread

Shebeen

18 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Eish no mention of the worlds top ranked marathon riders as contenders. Diaz finished 3rd at World Champs just a few weeks back, and the newly Crowned World Champ with Martin Stozek as Canyon Northwave, but the team with backup is the team to beat. Don’t think Sarrou have it in him to go balls to the wall for 8 days off the back of this past XCO season. 

Ed zakery... 

That Scott teams are not just top10 team. 

Spez have it all to prove. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Stephan said:

I'm going tomorrow. Plenty of spots to watch the action. 

What time does it start ?

On 10/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, Jeepdude said:

LIVE on youtube me thinks... subscribed to something like that

The footage is rubbish. They're just showing the start area and nothing else.

Edit: Ok they're finally showing some footage from out on the course now.

Edited by buchanan

52 minutes ago, buchanan said:

The footage is rubbish. They're just showing the start area and nothing else.

Edit: Ok they're finally showing some footage from out on the course now.

Not sure what feed you’re watching but it’s been very good. On the e-bike video, up the climbs, down hill and more.

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Not sure what feed you’re watching but it’s been very good. On the e-bike video, up the climbs, down hill and more.

Yes it definitely got much better! The first 30 minutes when I turned on the TV was literally just the start ramp. But the footage became good once the final riders had set off - hence my edit.

15 minutes ago, davidtinker said:

Matt Beers posted power data on Strava so I created a fake account for him on Intervals.icu. To me the power looks unlikely i.e. something up with his PM.

https://forum.intervals.icu/t/matt-beers-fake-account/5080

He’s a big strong lad, check the comments here https://forum.bikehub.co.za/articles/news/nanotime-announce-professional-mtb-team-riders-r8163/page/2/ especially John’s answer

54 minutes ago, davidtinker said:

Matt Beers posted power data on Strava so I created a fake account for him on Intervals.icu. To me the power looks unlikely i.e. something up with his PM.

https://forum.intervals.icu/t/matt-beers-fake-account/5080

I have the file on TP, he rode under threshold for the prologue average.

His file is right power wise - Matt is that good 

Edited by J Wakefield

5 minutes ago, copperhead said:

What exactly are you suggesting by this? Please be more specific. 

Only that the power seemed high and maybe there was an issue with his PM. But John just cleared that up! Amazing stuff!

4 minutes ago, davidtinker said:

Only that the power seemed high and maybe there was an issue with his PM. But John just cleared that up! Amazing stuff!

Matts whole season was based on 2 events:

SA Marathon Champs and Cape Epic. Marathon Champs he rode away on the 1st climb and no one saw him again. Today, he rode well. Long way to go but this is how good his form is at present. 

let’s see what happens for the rest of the week. All the best to him and everyone racing for top honors 

13 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

As reference he did his best 5min power today but only his 3rd best 10min and 2nd best 20min. 
the 5 was as expected from the start up 1st climb. 5min is typically your peak power so when you do that math. This is right inline. 

John are you in SA to provide support?  
Can’t wait for the stages, was awesome to see Matt come past and power on the    false flats. 
He looks strong and very relaxed in the interviews.

How do you rate our ladies team, Mariska and Candice? Hope they can pull it off.