Absa Cape Epic 2021 thread

Shebeen

1 minute ago, DJuice said:

John are you in SA to provide support?  
Can’t wait for the stages, was awesome to see Matt come past and power on the    false flats. 
He looks strong and very relaxed in the interviews.

How do you rate our ladies team, Mariska and Candice? Hope they can pull it off.

Unfortunately I am not. I really wish I was truth be told but I flew home To spain on Monday and fly to Dubai for meetings and some team things tomorrow. 

Candice and Mariske I believe they can do well, really well and I have confidence in them doing just that.
They need to keep it upright and have their bad day Better than their competitions bad day. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Sounded like an accusation. You should word yourself better. 

"To me the power looks unlikely i.e. something up with his PM." .. thats not an accusation, reasonable question looking at such amazing numbers!!

43 minutes ago, copperhead said:

What exactly are you suggesting by this? Please be more specific. 

I was actually about to ask. @davidtinkerdo you want to reword that a bit maybe mate 

6 minutes ago, davidtinker said:

"To me the power looks unlikely i.e. something up with his PM." .. thats not an accusation, reasonable question looking at such amazing numbers!!

In your defence I do get messages from numbers I don’t know or who the person is often asking me “is this right” with a picture of Matts strava. 

in its own right I find it weird that many people have my number and find it normal to ask me about Matts data 

Edited by J Wakefield

3 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

In your defence I do get messages from numbers I don’t know or who the person is often asking me “is this right” with a picture of Matts strava. 

in its own right I find it weird that many people have my number and find it normal to ask me about Matts data 

People don't believe in boundaries anymore

34 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

As reference he did his best 5min power today but only his 3rd best 10min and 2nd best 20min. 
the 5 was as expected from the start up 1st climb. 5min is typically your peak power so when you do that math. This is right inline. 

This is the issue I have with intervals and Strava. Do some high 1min, 5min and 10min watts and then it throws out some unrealistic New FTP based on critical power?

Just now, milky4130 said:

This is the issue I have with intervals and Strava. Do some high 1min, 5min and 10min watts and then it throws out some unrealistic New FTP based on critical power?

I don’t know to much on the algorythims for those platforms but the average power that strava shows is higher than I have on TP - it’s a double digit. As anyone knows pushing power, this is a big value to push over any duration. 

21 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Strava definitely overstates average power. Intervals delivers eFTP value that aligns with other algorithms. The only problem is that it won't give you an accurate power curve. This is a problem with all FTP tests that does not require a 60min flat out TT