Absa Cape Epic 2021 thread

Shebeen

10 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I logged in to watch a bit at work, lunch time obviously :ph34r:,  the computer headphones were very nice and this is when you realise just how much effort goes into their audio stream.  Lots of background "music" that fits the change in cameras, etc. 

I clearly need to upgrade my sound system at home as I was missing these fine details .... :whistling:

Certainly, there is always room for improvement.  But for a free login and live stream option I am VERY happy to be able to follow the Epic.  

I'm really enjoying it. It makes an expats heart get a little warm ????

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Eldron said:

I'm really enjoying it. It makes an expats heart get a little warm ????

Words can not describe the emotions I had at work watching this unfold on trails I had ridden 8 days earlier .... :clap:  (fair to say productivity was at an all time low)

Do we have any info on the regular joe riders, who spend almost double the time to complete each stage. How they doing, finding the first real stage? Also i was thinking, the pro's, they have the whole day to chill, rest, get ready, go sleep early. The poor normal riders, they probably finished a few hours ago. Will be interesting to hear what goes on. I heard Karl Platt say they cant wait for the fillet and red wine later, legends indeed.  ????????

22 hours ago, copperhead said:

Sounded like an accusation. You should word yourself better. 

He worded it completely fine. How did it 'sound like an accusation'?  He simply said it seemed possible something could be faulty with the powermeter.

Edited by buchanan

52 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Thanks !  Wow @babse amazing brother ! ????

Thanks bud. 

Today was a tough start. We know the Eselfontein trails well and knew it was going to be hard work. Fortunately the Temps are still mild for now. 

Vibe at the village obviously is very mellow with restrictions and so on. Dinner was strange last night with podiums and course previews replayed on TV screens around the marquee. 

Tomorrow is another long day. 

20 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Do we have any info on the regular joe riders, who spend almost double the time to complete each stage. How they doing, finding the first real stage? Also i was thinking, the pro's, they have the whole day to chill, rest, get ready, go sleep early. The poor normal riders, they probably finished a few hours ago. Will be interesting to hear what goes on. I heard Karl Platt say they cant wait for the fillet and red wine later, legends indeed.  ????????

Interesting the "legends" aren't riding UCI cat? 

They literally tore the A group to shreds within 10kms 

Saw that as well Babse. Also, did you see how relaxed they were on the interview. Just enjoying another epic day out in the saddle. Scary how fit and strong they still are.

13 minutes ago, tinmug said:

(Asking on behalf of the uninformed morons, like myself)

Who is @babse????‍♂️

The least the elite club members can do is provide us plebs with an "a.k.a. list" ..... :whistling:

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

Am I dumb ? Second time I try to find the GC on their site unsuccessfully… isn’t it the most important information that should be on there now?

best to download the Epic Series app from App or play store and get all the rest, rider tracking etc.

1 hour ago, Spafsack said:

Saw that as well Babse. Also, did you see how relaxed they were on the interview. Just enjoying another epic day out in the saddle. Scary how fit and strong they still are.

Well then you must've heard Alban Lakata drop the F-Bomb Live, Karl Platt was so embarrassed he just burst out laughing. My coffee went all over the monitor and keyboard as well.

5 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Well then you must've heard Alban Lakata drop the F-Bomb Live, Karl Platt was so embarrassed he just burst out laughing. My coffee went all over the monitor and keyboard as well.

Heard and saw that, classic....................................................or is it epic ???????? They looked good, strong, another day in the saddle, was awesome.

What gear ratios are the pros running ?

They are clocking some serious top end speeds .... but with those climbs you must need a "granny" ....