Shebeen

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

What gear ratios are the pros running ?

They are clocking some serious top end speeds .... but with those climbs you must need a "granny" ....

12 spd drives are really getting better daily and it of course helps that the pros basically get a new one every day 

Probably on 36t rings most of them (most frames also won't take much bigger, and doesn't sram have 10-52,down for even xx1 now? meaning pro's probably run 38t chainring without much hassle 

Most of the men will use a 36T for marathon but Seeswald used a 34T for the world champs whereas he is using a 36T at cape epic (less climbing and not as severe gradient )

the ladies are typically on 34T chainrings for the head of the field Frei Stigfer, Robyn and Arianne. For world champs most of them were on 32T chainrings.

for flatter courses and XCO the men will run up to 38T chainrings and the ladies 36T

38 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

12 spd drives are really getting better daily and it of course helps that the pros basically get a new one every day 

Probably on 36t rings most of them (most frames also won't take much bigger, and doesn't sram have 10-52,down for even xx1 now? meaning pro's probably run 38t chainring without much hassle 

I was watching the two lead ladies on the farm road leading back into Eselfontein.  They were MOVING !!

On that same stretch I very quickly spun out with my 36-11 ratio.

If they were running 36-10, they must have been turning those cranks super fast.  :eek:

Gearing up for speed is "okay" ... but damn, those are some nasty hills ....

I have utmost respect for these riders !

i hear Bulls racing with light wheels and tyres lets see if some teams will test it on last technical descends 

Edited by @grootlem

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

I’m amazed no one has mentioned Leonard Kamna for team Bora Hansgrohe is racing the cape epic. Seems to be having a rather high speed jol 

it was mentioned in the elite men's preview. They are not exactly at the racing pointy end for the engines they have, good chance candice and mariska overtake them today

46 minutes ago, @grootlem said:

Expect attacks from km70 from the best climbers in the field today, will want to get to long last descend in front. Lets go Canyon

Today is the day for the Hanekom borthers to show their piece of paradise.

I've done that last donkey trail on foot. how rideable is it currently(because it wasn't then)?

135.20211015021713.orig.jpg

135.20200226011332.orig.jpg

Karl Platt out???????

Runny tummy for Karl. He must be ... well ... gutted.

????

Edited by tinmug

4 minutes ago, tinmug said:

Karl Platt out???????

Runny tummy for Karl. He must be ... well ... gutted.

????

Do we know what happened, is it runny tummy, chits and giggles?

i did an Epic with a tummy bug for more than half the week. Couldnt eat breakfast so my petrol ran out pretty early every morning. And partnered with a strong partner that wanted to race wasnt a nice experience. The tummy bug line in the medical tent is usually pretty long, as is backpain and saddle sores