Absa Cape Epic 2021 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

They're looking so ****** ! and there's still so much work to do, these guys are masochists ????

The Trek Pirelli guy was hanging on for dear life the last 20km. Didn't even take his hand off the bars to high five his team mate across the line ????

10 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Liezel Vd Westhuizen. Not Minki

I figured, hard to be sarcastic without our comic sans these days. I'm not entirely sure Minki remembers the moment of our chance meeting in the waiting room outside the MatieFM studio to be honest, but she's never denied it.   

On 10/18/2021 at 10:41 AM, DieselnDust said:

The Sina Laura show is 4min up the road already in Stage 1  so barring any mechanicals they have the stage sewn up already. Nothing to cover there.

The Men's race is quite exciting at this point. 

There in lies the difference.

Deserving equla footage and pay is one thing from a equality of opportunity pov but whats actually happening in the race should govern where the focus goes in terms of maintaining spectator interest

usual programming has resumed here.

10kms to go in the ladies stage and there's a ~2min gap. I don't think there's going to be much drama in the run in here.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but more effort somehow needs to be made to not just have one team running away from it every year.

51 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Beers and Sarrou seem to be fading a tiny bit every day...

Let's hope it isn't a trend/they're saving something for later/playing the strategy card.

Beers for the win!!!

I don't think I'm alone rooting for songo to take it this year, been way to long since we won our own race.

here's a sneaky vid waaay back to the time Beers and Munnik did the epic with cameras strapped all over them

5 hours ago, copperhead said:

For me... I cannot stand that female presenter. Squeaky voice and just not for me. No mask lady and in people's personal space. The helicopters need to be replaced by drones. Less annoying and intrusive. The Bulls media bicycle guys are awesome. They get close but don't seem to get in the way. Fantastic. Coverage for me is great. I love this race but just not worth the money. 

agree with most of the above except for the heli bit. Although I have a solution for the Heli that does involve drones the licensing for the equipment is a small challenge that requires money but it can be d(r)one. Needs to be tested.

Two things about the presenter could improve: The hair and why the heck does she pull her jeans up so high!!???!!?? Why??!!?

Seriously though she should wear a mask.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

I figured, hard to be sarcastic without our comic sans these days. I'm not entirely sure Minki remembers the moment of our chance meeting in the waiting room outside the MatieFM studio to be honest, but she's never denied it.   

She does remember some creepy guy who followed her around. Told me all about it as we sipped a few drinks at a party in the Rep. of Hout Bay

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Huh?

You can see the brain clearly. 

epic-beers_LI.jpg

Jammer, I should have been more specific in that I was referring to the fork. Looks like he's using a 120mm SID 35 Ultimate  and not the Brained 32 SID.

The rear shock has a Brain that's clear from all the tv footage and images

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

can't see much from that picture

Ey? It's as clear as day. Going through all the images from day 1 the brain is visible on the bike in a few images. You perhaps mean that they're not running the internal setup and routing? 

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Jammer, I should have been more specific in that I was referring to the fork. Looks like he's using a 120mm SID 35 Ultimate  and not the Brained 32 SID.

The rear shock has a Brain that's clear from all the tv footage and images

Ah, makes sense ... Looks like it's just a different colourway to Sarrou's. Both have SID/Brain branding and look like they could be 120mm

Edited by Danger Dassie