Shebeen

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, AfterDark said:

Seems you were correct.

The team was given a 5 minute time penalty for not swapping out their time chip when they changed over race numbers. 

Change of bikes are allowed in the race.

where did you see this? got a link?

26 minutes ago, AfterDark said:

Seems you were correct.

The team was given a 5 minute time penalty for not swapping out their time chip when they changed over race numbers. 

which team ... I missed the racing today?

27 minutes ago, Hairy said:

which team ... I missed the racing today?

Got the inside info via my team at the race. Not wanting to spread hearsay, l assume there will be some sort of official release before tomorrow's start when they have validated the times.

25 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Will be sold in the classifieds as "Mint" / "Almost New" or ""Hardly ridden, done about 200kms"

Within the scope of average epic riders this is true except for the KMS....

Just now, DieselnDust said:

Within the scope of average epic riders this is true except for the KMS....

Well it could be advertised as "used for one race, less than a 1000km" ....

Jokes aside.  With a daily service schedule that bike may well be in better nick than most in the classifieds ..... then again, the rain of Friday and Saturday may well DESTROY the drive trains .... probably a re-build before Sunday

1 hour ago, AfterDark said:

Seems you were correct.

Oh yeah the timing chips would be important to. And the spot tracker.

Basically the race Org isn't interested if you borrowed a bike from a postman as long as the timing and identification technology is transferred to the posties bike.

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

Well it could be advertised as "used for one race, less than a 1000km" ....

Jokes aside.  With a daily service schedule that bike may well be in better nick than most in the classifieds ..... then again, the rain of Friday and Saturday may well DESTROY the drive trains .... probably a re-build before Sunday

Rain is canceled due to covid ????

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I figured, hard to be sarcastic without our comic sans these days. I'm not entirely sure Minki remembers the moment of our chance meeting in the waiting room outside the MatieFM studio to be honest, but she's never denied it.   

No all good; I remember having To test her in the lab the year she was meant to do epic for Absa. Rocked up with more makeup on than a episode of RP Drag Queen race. 

when she was done with her half attempted effort she looked like Alice Cooper about to walk onto stage for a concert. 

She bailed from epic and didn’t do it 

24 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

DESTROY the drive trains .... 

The post race pressers will be lovely to watch then LOL

(I'm assuming you've seen the video of the bulls racing team post race stage 2 I think it was with Liezl)

27 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

I would personally rather buy Matts epic bike than stuff advertised here. When your bike is basically brand new every time you ride it, it’s a deal

Laura's bike would fit me better with that loooong reach and lower duty cycle with all the associated benefits of being new every day :).

Then I'll sell tickets to @Hairy the weirdo's on BikehUb for saddle sniffing sessions. Apparently some okes think its more powerful than EPO

Blake built a bike 

but I'd rather have Sarrou's bike than Blake's skew frame one. Matt's one might be a tad too big for me. 

Enjoying the CE so far. 

On 10/18/2021 at 12:59 PM, Headshot said:

What we tend to forget is that marathon stage racing is a fringe sport in the rest of the world. MTB in general has a lower viewership than many other 'mainstream" sports. The Redbull Rampage had about 50k people watching the live stream and now has nearly 650k views on the rerun. The Epic will never reach those numbers.

Cycling in general is a participation sport, moreso for marathon than XCO (insofar mtb), Rampage events (all) are viewers sports. By its very nature participation sports promotes/sells products, whilst viewer sports promotes/sells experiences. 

How many of the CE live stream viewers ride mtb vs. Rampage viewers actually physically getting into on-screen like action?