Absa Cape Epic 2021 thread

Shebeen

10 hours ago, Charles71 said:

Blake built a bike 

but I'd rather have Sarrou's bike than Blake's skew frame one. Matt's one might be a tad too big for me. 

Enjoying the CE so far. 

Its a bit crude, but kudos, very well done !!!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, @grootlem said:

I was so looking forward to see Canyon Northwave attack on the climbs tomorrow but they are out. Another tummy bug. At least they got a stage win yesterday but very sad for the race

Is it just me or is the tummy bug more prevalent or "visible" in the pro peloton this year than before? 

3 minutes ago, duringd said:

Is it just me or is the tummy bug more prevalent or "visible" in the pro peloton this year than before? 

I would have thought that with all the Covid stuff (hand sanitisers etc.) that tummy bugs would be reduced

7 minutes ago, samson99 said:

where would the pros pick up the tummy bug as they don't stay in the village and have their special bottles at the WPs?

Exactly the same as covid - moral of the story at stage races - wash your hands often, don't get too close to too many people and DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE EVER!

Wet stages are also bad with mud, dung and the associated bacteria and parasites being sprayed all over the place.

Edited by Eldron

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

Exactly the same as covid - moral of the story at stage races - wash your hands often, don't get too close to too many people and DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE EVER!

Wet stages are also bad with mud, dung and the associated bacteria and parasites being sprayed all over the place.

best way to avoid tummy bugs in general is to live your life a bit 'dirty'. Don't stress too much about food that has expired (obviously not rotten food). Get some dirt on your hands - and in your mouth occasionally. etc etc

8 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

best way to avoid tummy bugs in general is to live your life a bit 'dirty'. Don't stress too much about food that has expired (obviously not rotten food). Get some dirt on your hands - and in your mouth occasionally. etc etc

As a child while your immune system is forming yes - as an adult it makes very little difference.

Why was the finish changed from Wellington to Goudini ?  (jip, only watching small bits, and not getting the story)

Unfortunate for Canyon, but it is the nature of the beast to survive all for a week.

I'm so stoked for Matt/Jordan having a great day out and stretching the lead over 2nd place. And our other SA teams also had a good day out moving up on the standings. Good to see our teams perform in our backyard.

7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Why was the finish changed from Wellington to Goudini ?  (jip, only watching small bits, and not getting the story)

The pass to Wellington is closed for maintenance.