Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

After draining every penny this year I'll need to start scraping together from now.

I will enter.

I will not miss it.

Me too brother, I've already started negotiating accommodation with a mate who moved down there recently. Now to just convince myself the wind won't be so bad ????

18 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

NOT ME :(

This was 2020, so you had not seen a bike yet, no idea of W/KG, Strava or Di2.

Just now, Pure Savage said:

This was 2020, so you had not seen a bike yet, no idea of W/KG, Strava or Di2.

I knew about w/kg because I was always trying to have the best w/kg for our ergs... I could never have the best watts though. And Strava was for my running and 3 kudos 

12 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Will there be wind, will everyone need a covid test, will there be covid by then, will the SL7 recall have flooded the market with dirt cheap SL7, will I have gone tubeless by then and will they bring back the bar one stop and the Virgin Active crew

Will there be hospitality (read: beer tent).

Asking for a friend...

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

The weather in March is generally less predictable than October (which has fairly brilliant days as winter loses the battle with spring. 
I hope the numbers are low again as this 11700 finisher ctct was one of the most pleasant in recent history.

I hope there’s a few more events to sort out the seeding because it was a bit of a ####show this year with those two seeding events they threw in. Looking at finishing times for the Vets vs mine I should probably have been seeded in @ rather than with sub vets and youngsters in 1A. 
also I hope the gees is back. Edinburgh is usually a massive hive of activity. There were loads of people out but they weren’t nearly as noisy as previous years. Suikerbossie was also too empty.

I think October is less predictable, more likelihood of rain than in March. I think we just got lucky this year. With that said I've never done a wet CTCT, maybe 2022 is the year that would just be Savage!

7 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Is the migrant Savage still lurking around Jozi? ... Drinking our beer, stealing our womenfolk, our jobs, our trails, our coffee. #gautexit !!! 

Which one?

4 hours ago, SoloCyclist said:

Does anyone have a table that roughly indicates what group you could possibly start in based on your seeding ?

Or let me ask this in another way, what seeding would you need to be to get into groups 3 / 4 / 5 etc ?

The best part about this years cycle tour was the low entry numbers, what a pleasant ride all the way with no "traffic"

Depends.

are you going to be a wheelsucker in the group that goes into the redzone up NMB and edinburgh drive to stay with the quick guys, you're able to hang on in the bunch all the way to miller's point, but now can't hang up smitswinkel and you'll be surfing wheels all the way to noordhoek. then chappies and suikerbossie are all up to you, and you follow whatever you can from the llandudno to the finishline

but if you really want to know, then go look at the results from 2020. was a decent year weather wise, weather plays a huge part in the amount of people who go under 180minutes

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=2020&EN=2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour (109km)

10 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Depends.

are you going to be a wheelsucker in the group that goes into the redzone up NMB and edinburgh drive to stay with the quick guys, you're able to hang on in the bunch all the way to miller's point, but now can't hang up smitswinkel and you'll be surfing wheels all the way to noordhoek. then chappies and suikerbossie are all up to you, and you follow whatever you can from the llandudno to the finishline

but if you really want to know, then go look at the results from 2020. was a decent year weather wise, weather plays a huge part in the amount of people who go under 180minutes

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=2020&EN=2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour (109km)

you just described me

3 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

2020 was a spoke :D  I bought new wheels which are tubeless ready..

Gravel bikes have tougher wheels. ????