Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

16 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Depends.

are you going to be a wheelsucker in the group that goes into the redzone up NMB and edinburgh drive to stay with the quick guys, you're able to hang on in the bunch all the way to miller's point, but now can't hang up smitswinkel and you'll be surfing wheels all the way to noordhoek. then chappies and suikerbossie are all up to you, and you follow whatever you can from the llandudno to the finishline

but if you really want to know, then go look at the results from 2020. was a decent year weather wise, weather plays a huge part in the amount of people who go under 180minutes

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=2020&EN=2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour (109km)

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't answer my question as it shows results

Prior to the race you get allocated a group based on your seeding, what seed puts you in what group ? I'm not too clued up on all these things

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, SoloCyclist said:

Prior to the race you get allocated a group based on your seeding, what seed puts you in what group ? I'm not too clued up on all these things

There's no simple answer to that. It all depends on the seedings of all the other entrants. Very basically, they take everyone in order of seeding from best to worst and then divide them into x number of equally sized groups. The more people that enter that have a better seeding than you, the further back you will start.

21 minutes ago, SoloCyclist said:

You can go check your seeding here http://results.racetec.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=4

The closer you are to 0 and further from 100, the closer to the front you will be. There is no group allocated to a seeding as it will depend on how many people enter etc.

2 minutes ago, HenryS said:

There's no simple answer to that. It all depends on the seedings of all the other entrants. Very basically, they take everyone in order of seeding from best to worst and then divide them into x number of equally sized groups. The more people that enter that have a better seeding than you, the further back you will start.

AHH that's my answer.....Thanks

I always thought to be in a certain group you had to seed in a certain range to qualify for that group

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

Racetec seeding after sunday has given me a HUGE jump in seeding. I went from a 64.9 to a 46.3

Wow, that's a nice improvement. I've gone from 55.79 to 47.80. (Despite face planting up Suikerbossie when both legs locked out solid from the biggest cramp ever lol).

28 minutes ago, AJB76 said:

Wow, that's a nice improvement. I've gone from 55.79 to 47.80. (Despite face planting up Suikerbossie when both legs locked out solid from the biggest cramp ever lol).

was it you that face planted literally right infront of the camera guys which happened right infront of me?

1 hour ago, SoloCyclist said:

AHH that's my answer.....Thanks

I always thought to be in a certain group you had to seed in a certain range to qualify for that group

As said, other than your seeding index there is no fixed table that will tell you what group you will qualify for. All depends on the number of entrants and the relative indexes of the other entrants. With only 1/2 the number of entrants and most people's indexes stuffed up by lack of racing this year's CTCT would not really be a good guide for what will happen next year. To complicate things further organisers like to play around with different group sizes and naming conventions from time to time.

16 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

was it you that face planted literally right infront of the camera guys which happened right infront of me?

Spot on brother. I was cramping hard all the way from the bottom. Then as I saw the togs, I thought it would be a good idea to get up out the saddle. As I stood up, booooooom, two concrete pillars. Legs locked up solid. 

Fortunately my face broke the fall and saved the bike, Which is good, cos you know....these SL7's.....

image_2021-10-14_144309.png

2 minutes ago, AJB76 said:

Spot on brother. I was cramping hard all the way from the bottom. Then as I saw the togs, I thought it would be a good idea to get up out the saddle. As I stood up, booooooom, two concrete pillars. Legs locked up solid. 

Fortunately my face broke the fall and saved the bike, Which is good, cos you know....these SL7's.....

Bud I'm so sorry for laughing, I think I was just to your left and myself and the oke next to me were like WTF just happened LOL, I assumed cramp, He assumed you tried to wheelie for the camera guys, But hey, glad it was the face and not the bike, Bones heal and scabs peel, Carbon doesn't do either LOL

10 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Bud I'm so sorry for laughing, I think I was just to your left and myself and the oke next to me were like WTF just happened LOL, I assumed cramp, He assumed you tried to wheelie for the camera guys, But hey, glad it was the face and not the bike, Bones heal and scabs peel, Carbon doesn't do either LOL

Hahahaha I tried the whole wheelie infront of the Camara, barely got the wheel off the ground and cramped immediately. Worth it though for those 5cm's of lift

16 minutes ago, AJB76 said:

Picture is low res but I'm pretty sure the bloke with the white shirt right behind you is laughing even before you hit the ground, and a dude further back in a greyish shirt may have video footage. Sorry man, glad the bike is OK.

10 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Picture is low res but I'm pretty sure the bloke with the white shirt right behind you is laughing even before you hit the ground, and a dude further back in a greyish shirt may have video footage. Sorry man, glad the bike is OK.

And he seems to be a runner too LOL

4 minutes ago, NickGM said:

dude further back in a greyish shirt may have video footage

He does. And sent it to me. But not of me going down unfortunately. Only after the fact.

Him and the dude in the white shirt actually came and helped me. 

The photographer: "I got you going down, but wont upload cos I don't wanna embarrass you"

Me: "Bro, I've pre-ordered the photo package. I've got min skaam. You make sure it's uploaded cos I want to see this". 

At the end of the day it's all good fun. Can't wait for next year. Will try stay upright more.