Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

12 minutes ago, AJB76 said:

Nope, it's all good, other than the "defects" the manufacturer designed into it LOL. (I assume you know about the recall).

LMAO. Nooit, we're peaceful okies man. 

Yeah, the recall. eish!

I have quite a few slummies friends. I am particularly fond of them. Rough as 30 grit but fantastic. I even dated a slummies girl for a while 20 plus years ago! 

Very fond memories rowing up and down the Buffalo river too... An absolute gem

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I heard the microwave has subsequently been replaced with one that hums, ting tings, spins AND makes things warm! ????

That was quick. 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I must be honest and say I have no idea what Maurten drink mix is, no idea what hydrogels are or what hypertonic means and no idea how one measures their sweat rate.

A well conditioned person should comfortably be able to ride ctct on a regular bicycle in well under 4 hours (I'd say under 3:30 if I'm being honest) without cramping. There are no ifs and buts about that. I did it in 3:45 from 5F wearing baggies, a t-shirt, on a tiny 20inch wheel bike with mtb tires on it and 145mm crank arms.

As an aside I do not regard myself as a well conditioned person and am in no way an athlete of any kind. 

I'm also definitely not attacking you, I've cramped so badly at Peninsula Marathon it took me nearly an hour to do the last 6km after rolling around in the gutter for 10 minutes trying not to poop my pants why both hamstrings were tighter than bow strings. I blame the fact that I went out WAY too hard for my ability at the time and got sniped. 

It's rad that you can laugh about it and are ok. My comment was also more aimed at Morne as he is moaning he is 10kg overweight and unfit.. pffft.

I would never mess with you slummies okes! More importantly, I hope you didn't scratch or crack the SL7!

Well conditioned is relative. 
you are on another level. 

I am the fittest and strongest I’ve ever been for the 20+ years of riding I’ve done, yet to do a 3:40 took max effort for me, guys like Savage come along and do 3;40 on their cool down lap, and then crazy blokes come along and do those times on frakensteined kiddies bikes. 

6 hours ago, AJB76 said:

Spot on brother. I was cramping hard all the way from the bottom. Then as I saw the togs, I thought it would be a good idea to get up out the saddle. As I stood up, booooooom, two concrete pillars. Legs locked up solid. 

Fortunately my face broke the fall and saved the bike, Which is good, cos you know....these SL7's.....

image_2021-10-14_144309.png

I'm a freeloading cheapskate of the highest order, but even i would pay for that piksha!

14 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I'm a freeloading cheapskate of the highest order, but even i would pay for that piksha!

LOL. I was in two minds about pre-ordering the digital package before the race, but went ahead and bought it anyways. No regrets after seeing the collection of pics they got of me. Some absolute pearlers in there ????????????????. Even one of me lying on my back, phoning the wife on a borrowed phone. ????????‍♂️

11 hours ago, ouzo said:

I also came close to skipping breakfast on Sunday when the milk came out of the microwave ice cold, not once but twice. 
not the best time to find out the microwave makes all the right noises but does not have nuclear power. :)

but I did discover you can make pronutro with hot water. 

Hang on. You can't have pro nutro with cold milk? I'm a future life guy now, but the morning ritual of pro nutro mix, pour, mix some more is there with me more than staring at the mnet splash screen waiting for open time to start!

25 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Hang on. You can't have pro nutro with cold milk? I'm a future life guy now, but the morning ritual of pro nutro mix, pour, mix some more is there with me more than staring at the mnet splash screen waiting for open time to start!

Apparently you can make pronutro with cold milk, it just require double the amount of milk as normal, so more or less 3 litres for a single serving

36 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I cant do any cereals with cold milk, has to be warm.

Oh and futurlife is a big no no. have tried it on multiple occasions and just not stand this stuff.

4 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I cant do any cereals with cold milk, has to be warm.

Oh and futurlife is a big no no. have tried it on multiple occasions and just not stand this stuff.

Oddly, we've found that the strawberry flavour Futurelife doesn't work for my wife, but the chocolate flavour is fine. Not sure what ingredient(s) it is that makes the difference for her

59 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

If your PPA Seeding is B, what group can you looked to be seeded in come CTCT 2022?

What Dale said. If you are over 40 you might even sneak into the age racing bunches with some luck

7 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

What Dale said. If you are over 40 you might even sneak into the age racing bunches with some luck

Thanks for the info, however still 4 years away from 40 ????

37 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

No luck needed. Buy a CSA racing license (30-39, 40-49, you get the point) and you can ride/race with them irrespective of your seeding. But woe betide that man that follows this. Vets racing is hard

47 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

No luck needed. Buy a CSA racing license (30-39, 40-49, you get the point) and you can ride/race with them irrespective of your seeding. But woe betide that man that follows this. Vets racing is hard

Hehe, yeah up until now I have rarely had an issue getting into the racing groups, its still being in the racing group by the time I go past Scarborough that has been the bigger issue the past few years