Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Still not liking current weather predictions, but at least it looks like the one will blow us home. 

55AFBC7F-2D96-4029-B549-005B8FD56D4D.png

Looks a bit on the cool side (temp wise). 

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Still not liking current weather predictions, but at least it looks like the one will blow us home. 

55AFBC7F-2D96-4029-B549-005B8FD56D4D.png

I woke up this morning to a howler up in the Blouberg area and I drove to work thinking that if this is what Sunday will end up like I'll be glad I'm not participating this year.

On Friday my drive home on the N1 had me consistently making steering corrections as the wind was trying its damndest to get me to swerve out of my lane.

Fun time for cycling when the Cape Doctor is handing out meds.

21 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Ah, explains the roads this weekend. People cramming for the exams after neglecting their studies for a year, as it were.

it certainly looked like it this side of the world.

Anybody know what wind speeds are likely to lead to another cancellation.?

I don't think there's any threat of that right now, but it does look like it could be one of those where only the Elites go sub 3 ...

Edited by Thomo

its most likely the wind will change over the next few days, lets wait till Thursday for a more accurate indication.

Hard work into the wind and enjoy the tail winds up chappies, suikerbossie, all the way back at high speeds.

I can't tell you how many times I've ridden over Chappies into a head wind (as per the weather station on Chappies), over Blackhill, turn around then ride the reverse route home... to discover a headwind going BACK up Chappies from the Noordhoek side. In the space of less than an hour. On the same token, I've had wind coming OUT of the mountain too, which defies logic, but that place is just bonkers