Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

On 3/7/2022 at 1:47 PM, Thomo said:

Anybody know what wind speeds are likely to lead to another cancellation.?

I don't think there's any threat of that right now, but it does look like it could be one of those where only the Elites go sub 3 ...

With the new start location the wind funnel effect is way less, so people can apply rule 5 and get on with it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Hope your daughter recovers quickly and fully.

How much does your daughter want for the entry ?

She did not mention that.

I believe the new rider will have to pay R200 substitution fee. It would be nice if the new rider offered to pay the difference between that and a normal entry fee, perhaps to be donated to a charity.

1 hour ago, Stevie G said:

Guys, I'm decided if I should ride my MTB with slicks or normal tyres. Normal ones looks better, but ride harder. Which do you prefer specifically for the CTCT

Looks above practicality….always.

it doesn't really matter midpack imo, my best ride was still on 29x2.6 rubber two years ago…granted i was 10kg lighter haha. 
just have fun, if you have more fun while ‘looking better’ then so be it😅

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, Stevie G said:

Guys, I'm decided if I should ride my MTB with slicks or normal tyres. Normal ones looks better, but ride harder. Which do you prefer specifically for the CTCT

FS or HT?

I think there's a law against fitting slicks to a FS.

On a HT it'll depend on whether you want to look silly or have an easier ride. If you can find a set of 50c gravel tyres you'll get the best of both worlds.

5 minutes ago, droo said:

FS or HT?

I think there's a law against fitting slicks to a FS.

On a HT it'll depend on whether you want to look silly or have an easier ride. If you can find a set of 50c gravel tyres you'll get the best of both worlds.

What are you talking about? 30c DS is best of both worlds! Squishy limousine. Even better if its long and slack haha

Edited by MORNE

Typical CT the weather forecast has changed 3 times over the last 2 days

Now shows 3.3mm rain over simonstown in between 8am and 11am and wind drops quite a bit

Gotta love CT so unpredictable

16 hours ago, Stevie G said:

Do your slicks require tubes ?  If so go normal with sealant and have a good day out 

I would also stay with normal as it is better for your gees, the look of slicks plays on your mind.

28 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

What a beautiful morning in cpt, 

Nice zone 2 ride done from sea point to chapmans peak and back.

Not jelly at all.

So no time slot booking this year for the non/not fully vaxxed for the Antigen test at the Expo? So I'm assuming it's just pitch up, Wait in line, get tested, carry on as per usual?!

If it is like last year then I've missed it inbetween all the mails which don't really apply to me like a 2nd lap and team car rules etc...

I haven't check but maybe someone here will know. My last jab was in july 2021, is that ok or is it considered expired ? I know in France I no longer qualify as vaccinated, not sure what the rules are here...

13 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I haven't check but maybe someone here will know. My last jab was in july 2021, is that ok or is it considered expired ? I know in France I no longer qualify as vaccinated, not sure what the rules are here...

Vaccination does not expire in SA. Booster shots are available if you want but its not compulsory

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

why you asking?

Just checking which Hubber's are in this group. I also don't understand their logic with regards to the combination of the age group splits.